B-day Tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I saw this on Ebay and really wanted it!Being my B-day(6th) I decided it was mine!! :x :p
Emsbikes057.jpg

It's an extra long tank(27") that extends past the down tube.Thought it would fit my frame but the curve is a bit off and the downtube notch is back about 1 1/2" from where it should be. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Emsbikes058.jpg

I was gonna ask if I should mod it,but have pretty much decided to hold it till the right frame comes along! Paid a bit much for it so that's probably the right thing to do.Any Opinions? :idea: :idea:
L8 EM

boy oh boy
that's a tuff call
personaly if you can find out who she belonged to
i think i'd be looking for a frame to make the marriage complete
just my .05 cents(.02 cents will not buy you any thing any more)
but here again we are rat roders aren't we???
building with what we got???
i still would be looking for a frame
hey just a thought
post the tank on http://www.oldroads.com/
surely someone knows who she's belongs to
mike

I might have a frame that would fit on.

l_77801f5108b3b37ebb2e624bdc56cf5f.jpg

l_fbbd3ccc5e9c2aa7c82a4ac49921990e.jpg

The first photo, there are some scratches that lead me to think that type of frame was on this bike. That's a prewar tank, this is a prewar frame. :?: :?:

The guy I bought it from has one just like it on a Hiawatha frame I believe to be prewar.Not gonna mod it up. Gonna wait till a frame that fits comes along.Hey Skoda-your not looking to get rid of those frames are you? :?: :?:
L8 EM

i agree with sensor on this one. oh yea i hope you mean your bday is ON the 6th right? because if you are turning 6 wow you are advanced for your age. just kidding :D

Here is that frame. That photo you posted above looks like a match. If you can see, there are scratches on this frame where the tank was. I will measure it when I get home.

BikesOct31031.jpg

BikesOct31030.jpg

BikesOct31024.jpg

BikesOct31022.jpg

BikesOct31016.jpg

BikesOct31017.jpg

I am glad you decided to find a bike to match the tank rather than cutting up the tank. Those long tanks are hard to find and it will make a cool cruiser once you find a frame. They don't look like any other bike, that's for sure. The other frame looks like a "camelback" style and probably uses the hanging "coffin" tank with the square sides and toolbox.

Latest posts

Back