B-6 Just a rustoration, ( the last word on oxalic and other organic acid rust removal)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was just telling Kate all those years I explained to people the dry cleaning solution I was using is an anioic surfactctant glycol ether and acrylic emulsion it never occurred to me it was digesting the fatty acids right out of my hands and that is why they felt slippery. Mentioning this just to say I bet there is a digestive enzyme in oven cleaner because it kind of does the same thing. She laughed and said " don't spray it on your belly. " That sounds like a terrible idea

just stumbled on these when I was looking for something else
Untitled2.png
Untitled3.png

You need to keep that one. You know, She who must be obeyed? The one who hands you clothes as you are too messy to come into the house. Sounds like a keeper for sure. Be Well, SS.

Lye will make your skin feel slippery. That is scary to me and prompted my purchase of the gloves we used in law enforcement. More durable than the usual disposable gloves but way more spendy. I spent years casting lead and was really careful to wash hands and other considerations but when reloading ammo hadn't thought about it. I realized when finishing up and then going to lunch lots of crud washed off the hands. So now any gun related cleaning, loading, or casting has me on point for protection. I keep an eye out for fumes from my gun cleaning solvent too. Some acetone in the stuff I mix up. Needs to be used outside! It is good to see a few faux chemists among you educated guys. Be Well, SS.

Latest posts

Back