B-52 trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green-Chain said:
Just a little update about the transmission :

The green spocket, between the 2 pink chains is free because it will be for the electric motor...

very cool..
i dont like how most trikes use one rear wheel as drive and the other is like a front..
this is a far better design :)

Thanx low~N~slo !! :D

Cool ilia-45, you're still around !!! I appreciate. :wink:

Don't wait Ichoptop, start your trike as soon as possible. :mrgreen:

iven, that's excatly what was my reflexion, i defenetly prefer having 2 driving wheels. And that is more exiting to "create" a true transmission. 8)

Green-Chain said:
Thanx low~N~slo !! :D
Cool ilia-45, you're still around !!! I appreciate. :wink:
i defenetly prefer having 2 driving wheels 8)
I'm always here :wink:
The drive to both wheels without differential will cause that to turn it will be almost impossible,
the device will be very anstable in cornering :!:

Thanks for your post. The photos of the fork build will greatly help me with one I am working on but had set aside because I was unsure how to finish it.

ilia-45 said:
The drive to both wheels without differential will cause that to turn it will be almost impossible,

That's why each wheel will have his own free wheel (orange sprockets), during a turn the external wheel won't be driving with the transmission, it will be faster. :wink:

Green-Chain said:
ilia-45 said:

That's why each wheel will have his own free wheel (orange sprockets), during a turn the external wheel won't be driving with the transmission, it will be faster. :wink:

haha yeah man..

if i were to do a trike, if the rear wheels didnt have suspension then i would have one solid axle with a freewheel in the hub of each wheel.. 'unless the suspension was set up like a quad'

the only reason i would have two axles would be if it had independent suspension 8)

i think someday when i have the money and tools i will build an airride trike :)

Going to be a beautiful trike, your drive system is perfect, always thought that was the best way to it!

Kinda like a Detroit Locker Differential, the drive is always to the slowest wheel... If any wheel slips, the drive will go to the other wheel...

Nice!!!

Thanks for the link :wink:

Do you have an idea about the size of this differential ?

Maybe for a next project.... :lol:

Bad ...!
Gonna build a trike too soon enuff, not this hi-tech, but there is some grwat ideas here and enuff inpiration to build a second one ;)

LukeTheJoker said:
Going to be a beautiful trike, your drive system is perfect, always thought that was the best way to it!

Kinda like a Detroit Locker Differential, the drive is always to the slowest wheel... If any wheel slips, the drive will go to the other wheel...

Nice!!!

Love the work so far!

Can I just ask a question though (I'm a bit thick sometimes!), if the drive is going to the slowest wheel wouldn't that be a problem on corners? If you do a sharp left turn for instance, the left (inner) wheel hardly moves and the right (outer) wheel has to go like buggery to drive around the inner.

Really looking forward to seeing how this beast turns out :D :D

Doormandean said:
Love the work so far!

Can I just ask a question though (I'm a bit thick sometimes!), if the drive is going to the slowest wheel wouldn't that be a problem on corners? If you do a sharp left turn for instance, the left (inner) wheel hardly moves and the right (outer) wheel has to go like buggery to drive around the inner.

Really looking forward to seeing how this beast turns out :D :D

The outer wheel just freewheels faster on the outside of a corner, trust me, it works really well! The problem with single side drive trikes is that if the drive is to the left wheel and you turn right, you have to pedal an awful lot to make the turn, whereas turning the other way the outside wheel just freewheels around. The system Green-Chain has come up with will always drive the inside wheel no matter which way you turn.

Green-Chain said:
Thanks for the link :wink:

Do you have an idea about the size of this differential ?

Maybe for a next project.... :lol:

Not sure where that link came from, I didn't add it... Just turned up in my post... Pretty sure you can get locker style centers for most common differentials, 9inch, 8.8, 12 bolt, borg-warner, hilux, landcruiser etc... Good for cars, trucks, 4x4 etc. I know I may build heavy bikes, but even I would not put something that heavy on a pedlo! :lol: :wink:

Love the Trike by the way...

Luke.

I received my rear axles from USA yesterday, i need to cut them and do some machining on it.

I'm excited to continue my trike but not enough time, so i've to slow down... :cry:

Latest posts

Back