RRBBO13 Aztec Jaguar / 13th Mental Breakdown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You taking this one to the Tamale ride?
I rode it in the one a couple weeks ago...
I was planning on taking the Harlequin burrito.
I'm in the midst of mounting a rack for a small cooler on it.

Carl.

Last edited:
I have a temporary shifter that changes this bike from a stiff roller into a comfortable cruiser. The 3CC coaster hub has ranges that fit me well.
88e1dd533412a8f6fc6b67ce92be6b90.jpg
4ac81f7ccc00d8c92157a4d573f9c4be.jpg
f09cfed28ba6c8d4ede6d827b26435d7.jpg

Carl.

What's up with that striped or checkered cable? That's cool.
I got a some lengths of it a couple years ago for the Muscle Bike BO. It's a checkered mylar, I know it comes in silver or gold checked with black, there may be other colors too. I found it on eBay. Porkchop BMX has it too.

Carl.

Wow, the truss fork is a perfect match for the rack. Don't You feel with that stance the bike looks like a jaguar, just about to leap at its prey?
Which is awesome because it prefectly fits the Aztec jaguar theme of the bike.
Your builds always have such sweet lines, they are a feast for the eye, GuitarCarl!

Now you need jaguar print seat.

Ooh, can you make the tank look like a big chunk of obsidian?
Maybe with some gloss black and creative denting.

Wow, the truss fork is a perfect match for the rack. Don't You feel with that stance the bike looks like a jaguar, just about to leap at its prey?
Which is awesome because it prefectly fits the Aztec jaguar theme of the bike.
Your builds always have such sweet lines, they are a feast for the eye, GuitarCarl!
Thanks! I really appreciate your point. I do take the time to try and line things up and get the lines parallel.
Now you need jaguar print seat.

Ooh, can you make the tank look like a big chunk of obsidian?
Maybe with some gloss black and creative denting.
There may be some Jaguar print on the bike but it won't be the seat...

Carl.

Last edited:
This is what I think of watching that stance with the low rear and tall front:
leopard-leap-D2B0F4.jpg

This is however a leopard and not a jaguar, but hey it is a cat so it leaps just like any other cat.

I wouldn't opt for a print seat, beacause prints are usually leopard and not jaguar - easily distinguished because jaguar fur has spots in the rosettes

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...tris)_male_Three_Brothers_River_(cropped).JPG

and the leopard fur does not.
Apart from that I feel a print would not be right on this clean build. Jaguar don't fit their cars with leoprad print seats either and still get the message across through styling cues.
I would opt for twin headlamps with yellow glass, each glass partially covered diagonally to imitate cat's eyes.

Apart from that I feel a print would not be right on this clean build. Jaguar don't fit their cars with leoprad print seats either and still get the message across through styling cues.

I was thinking less of a jaguar cat, and more of an Aztec jaguar warrior, who drape themselves in jaguar skins. But I see you point of not wanting to be too literal.

Jaguar cars get the message across by sticking a little chrome statue of the whole cat on the bonnet of their cars :bigsmile:

I was thinking less of a jaguar cat, and more of an Aztec jaguar warrior, who drape themselves in jaguar skins. But I see you point of not wanting to be too literal.

Jaguar cars get the message across by sticking a little chrome statue of the whole cat on the bonnet of their cars :bigsmile:
The Aztec Jaguar Warrior is exactly the image that inspired me. Actually it was the statue of Cuauhtémoc as a Jaguar Warrior that I saw on the first Tamale Ride this year.
4b96ac6499fb4665d319eb78b52929e6.jpg

His club had blades of obsidian embedded in it. I may yet do that to the frame or fork. So while the Jaguar Warriors wore skins and headgear from real jaguars, don't expect much fur on this build. But I do have a couple of ideas that don't include the seat, so we'll see.
I've been super busy with life and I've got more stuff coming up. So work on my fork and frame disassembly for paint hasn't happened yet, but it's on the horizon...

Guitarl.

Last edited:
Looks even weirder rotated.

jaquar.jpg

I've been meaning to ask about the cool brass ring things on your handlebars and now 6 pages have gone by...
What are they from???
Love the stance on this bike...I don't know what paint job you're planning but I've been enjoying seeing the black frame, supa-bling chromed tank and the brass rings all together

I've been meaning to ask about the cool brass ring things on your handlebars and now 6 pages have gone by...
What are they from???
Love the stance on this bike...I don't know what paint job you're planning but I've been enjoying seeing the black frame, supa-bling chromed tank and the brass rings all together
I built those bars in the last WBO for a Silver King I ended up selling for what I had in it. I have a length of thick wall tubing that I've been using to stretch handle bars. The method is 8 inches or so of thick wall slid halfway inside the bar end and a piece slid on to extend them. Before, I'd always kept the extension less 4 inches and hid the seam under the grips. This time I detailed the seam with thick brass washers that I drilled out to fit the thick wall and copper tubing slices that fit snugly. I have plug welded them before but I also have just slathered them with JB Weld epoxy, and these were done with the epoxy. Detailing the seam allowed me to extend the bars much further.
e8a25dbe3412235ea474ec45c2c047b3.jpg
2c7793c6fc9063a7ff4efe1ef9bc8a83.jpg

Carl.

Last edited:
Cool I would never have thought of washers and spacers, it looked like some kind of one piece thing...thanks for the close-ups and explanation. They're both classy and kinda retro jetsons at the same time

Latest posts

Back