RRBBO13 Aztec Jaguar / 13th Mental Breakdown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool way to work out the kinks on your ideas with virtual mockups.
Thanks. I've done this chop before on Harlequin T. Could've slammed it to the ground, but I kept it 3 inches off the ground to clear curbs better. I also raised the BB a lot. I don't plan on changing the BB on this Jaguar, so there probably won't be a lot of stretch, but a little goes a long way. It all depends on how it really sits. Now I'm wondering about nipping a bit out of seat stays instead. Guess it's literally back to the drawing board.

Carl.

I like this even better.
Plus I think I may try a third fork on here.
I have a couple 27" Nishiki frames and a 700 Schwinn that would lift the front a bit too...
fullside.jpg
fullsideV4.jpg

Flipping between these two images barely drops the BB and tilts the rake on the seat post and the fork much better. I'm sure someone could've told me but I had to listen to the voices in my head. Funny, that's how I got to my 13th Mental Breakdown in the first place...

Carl.

Last edited:
But no...
8074ab93effe015bc5d42da6c290ebb4.jpg

Seat stays taper too much, gotta save room for my tire. But those parallel tubes down there by my kickstand look good for adding a bit of length to.

Carl.

Last edited:
Drizzling Monday morning.
I'm dragging my feet going to work just prepping my bike to cut. I don't think the crank has ever been apart before, it had the old grease that looks like you could use it for shoe polish in it, og bearings too. I'm still looking for a better shifter than a thumb flipper. We'll see what I end up with. Gotta go make some cheddar. Shifters ain't cheap.

Carl [emoji88]

I've hinted here, and spoken with friends over the weekend about the color I want to do on this Jaguar. I also think The Renaissance Man and I have the same palette in mind. I'm hoping the ancient theme of mine will separate them enough.
I wouldn't give it any thought. I'm sure out of 80 bikes there will be many bike with the similar colors. Just do yo thang! I'm sure they will be plenty different!

I wouldn't give it any thought. I'm sure out of 80 bikes there will be many bike with the similar colors. Just do yo thang! I'm sure they will be plenty different!
Brother as similar as our tastes are, I doubt anyone will confuse our builds. A key similarity I've noticed is our penchant for the big/little tire combo also known as dragsters. Which also call for long and lean with a bit of stretch. But mostly I've just been teasing around the fact that I'll be painting this bike turquoise. The difference there is I'll be attempting to replicate the actual stone. I do like where you're going with your build. (as usual)

Carl.

To quote @CRASH from a couple years ago, "It looks like monkeys welded it..." (I still laugh every time I think about it) But the tubing is thick and lined with smaller thick tubing, so there's no doubt that it's strong. The rough finish will be fine after it turns to stone...
fa3c592c900b4f1ba9be4241ec8bf486.jpg
040ca22781a1fbff5a0674088a6615dd.jpg

Carl.

The inch and a half stretch was a success, it puts the laid-back back into the frame. The Kota bent fork extensions are, as @Falstaff puts it... "a bad idea" but fun to pull out of my stash and put on. They've made an appearance on a lot of my builds and have that almost right look to them. Almost. I do have another pair of Schwinn forks and a set of truss rods could complete the look... Hmm.
8920493e4416def1b12a9b8cac4c2f98.jpg

Carl. [emoji487]

Last edited:
I see You are bewitched by the magic of the raked forks. I also see You like that curved line on them. In this case I would suggest a springer fork - this type I mean - https://www.pedalonline.com/images/library/zoom/felt-bicycles-jerry-springer-fork-195283-1.jpg.
You should take a 28 inch fork, I guess You have 26 inch wheels?
This will elevate the front (and the BB, so You could still drop it a bit at he chainstays) and rake the fork a bit. I did it, but with a linkage fork.

I love that those fork extensions combined with the frame mods. That is a keeper, even though it sounds like you are undecided.

I see You are bewitched by the magic of the raked forks. I also see You like that curved line on them. In this case I would suggest a springer fork - this type I mean - https://www.pedalonline.com/images/library/zoom/felt-bicycles-jerry-springer-fork-195283-1.jpg.
You should take a 28 inch fork, I guess You have 26 inch wheels?
This will elevate the front (and the BB, so You could still drop it a bit at he chainstays) and rake the fork a bit. I did it, but with a linkage fork.
I have one and had it on there a few pages back... rubs the tank. I think if I found an older one that had the type of fork tube that projects the pivot bolt forward it might clear the tank, or at least give it a bit more space. The real forks it needs are a set of those dragster muscle bike forks...
592cfb315432287bc3e3d06df23db3f4.jpg
I finally welded the extensions to the old Schwinn blade forks I had. Even if I don't use them they'll be easier to mount on the next build.

Carl.

Last edited:
That combo of mods and parts works perfectly together in my opinion!:rockout::113::banana::113::rockout:

Perfect headbadge!

Latest posts

Back