Autocycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a friend of mine who was a big collector at one point has had this foralmost 20 years, it was recently stolen from him. He didn't even know it!! When he realized it...it had been months, a coworker had sold it after hours along with a few others. We had been looking around for awhile and started getting leads. Persistent at retrievinghis bike, lead to a couple towns over where low and behold there were a few of his bikes!! Lil persuasion of calling the cops and boom, je got a few back!! I was amazed and mesmerized by this thing!! I've bought bikes off him before, so I told him I was interested in giving it a good home!! He said he'd consider it. I threw out an offer and it didn't even phase him!! A few months later...
I get the call, told him...I'll be right there! I ended up making an offer for the autocycle and the Packard. And now they live with me!!:forum:

One of the holly grails for some
Collectors, Congratulations on
A great bike....

~Rafael~

Well, it's only 2 weeks into the new year but I will call your Autocycle the "score of the year"...so far anyway. It is the Holy Grail!

How about some outdoor pics with full side view for my files? If I can't own it I'd at least like to have a good pic or two of it to drool on. Gary

Were they in a back room or what?
I'm just imagining having a collection so large that someone steals/ sells my autocycle and other bikes and I don't even notice for a few months.

How many got away from him?

At one point he had 300 bikes, through out his house and his parents store. They were stolen from the store, sold by an employee after hours. A shame people can't be just an honest employee! About 5 or 6 that he knows of.

Very cool find, holy grail has been used and I agree. Its one of my holy grail bikes, and I'm not even a schwinn guy.

Latest posts

Back