Attn fabricators

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after seeing some of the talent here, and not sure where to post this question, i guess this is as good a place as any...i have no access to any kind of metal fab, nor do I know my way around a metal shop. Anyone here ever make a cool mount that would fit an old schwinn cruiser frame seat post tube (maybe even universal) that would hold a kryptonite lock? (U style) They make for a pretty heavy backpack. If someone could make a cool, reasonably price unit, I'd buy it. I could actually design it as well.

yup. I would obviously need access to the key hole so Im thinking this might be the best spot?
20200604_215222.jpg

maybe something 2 piece... solid and good looking on the vertical tube as well as the horizontal tube to keep the lock from rattling around. Also something cost effective enough to either buy a few of them, or designed so it can be easily transferred from one bike to another. The bracket that comes with the lock sucks.

If you're a fabricator, this could even be a prototype for a unit to be put into production...jus' sayin

Locks just keep stuff from "walking away" with mildly interested parties, IMHO
serious thieves will thwart darn near ANY measure, another reason I ride garbage

but breaking the locks is cool vid, I got one off just hitting it with a 5lb wedge ended sledge hammer

Should i not say that i have opened a ton of locks just drilling in thru the keyhole and sticking a screwdriver in there? If not, then I haven't.

For a while one could just heat white Bic pen body with a lighter, then jam it into the round kryptonite key hole and open 'em all

Someone put a scissor jack in my Kryptonite lock and fractured it in San Francisco

anyhoo, i used to just hang mine off my messenger bag, now I have a laughable chain and combo lock, and don't go far for long

Last edited:
Locks just keep stuff from "walking away" with mildly interested parties, IMHO
serious thieves will thwart darn near ANY measure, another reason I ride garbage

but breaking the locks is cool vid, I got one off just hitting it with a 5lb wedge ended sledge hammer

Should i not say that i have opened a ton of locks just drilling in thru the keyhole and sticking a screwdriver in there? If not, then I haven't.

For a while one could just heat white Bic pen body with a lighter, then jam it into the round kryptonite key hole and open 'em all

Someone put a scissor jack in my Kryptonite lock and fractured it in San Francisco

anyhoo
The aim is always to make it take longer than three minutes to steal your bike, and lock up next to something more expensive.

Latest posts

Back