April So Cal Rat Rod Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The next Second Saturday So Cal Rat Rod Ride will take place on:

Saturday April 14 11:00 am Huntington Beach Pier

Rather than bump the same thread from last month We'll start a new month with a new ride and a new thread, even though I will be recycling the (now) World Famous Rat Rod sign. No foolin'.
The March ride was great fun. I'm looking forward to doing this run again. Perhaps it will become a regular event, and those of us who attended the first few SSSRRR's (Second Saturday So cal Rat Rod Ride) will become celebrities- famous all over for being in on the ground floor of this world class event. 8) Meet up again 11:00 am at Huntington Beach Pier in the north side parking lot right behind Zak's- (where they rent stuff, sell burgers etc.) Look for the (now) World Famous Rat Rod sign (see below) To avoid any confusion, north side is on your right if you're facing the ocean. We''ll leave around noon, ride to Newport Pier, take a break and then cruise down to Balboa pier for refreshments.

DSCF0502.JPG

World Famous Rat Rod sign

JWM

I can't remember the last time I wore shorts. Might have been the 90's, lol.

Can anyone here recommend a good bike rack, one that can accommodate a tank bank? I'd like to bring my Pee-wee replica, but it's not gonna make it in my trunk...

ruddigger said:
I can't remember the last time I wore shorts. Might have been the 90's, lol.

Can anyone here recommend a good bike rack, one that can accommodate a tank bank? I'd like to bring my Pee-wee replica, but it's not gonna make it in my trunk...
I get all my bike rack stuff at this web site http://www.etrailer.com/ .

I looked at the weather forecast last night. Oh oh. Rain. So- whatdowedo? I thought about it all day. I had a picture in my head of Mary and me standing with our bikes alone in the Huntington Pier parking lot in the middle of 50 degree weather, gale force wind, and (of course) pouring rain ruining the Rat Rod sign, my marriage, and worst of all- my Brooks saddle. Not a good picture. so. I told Mary she could stay home if it was raining. And then I began psyching myself up for the storm. Sure. How can it be a Rat Rod Ride if we hair out over a little rain? What would the hard core Eastern, and Northern rat-rodders say about us here in So Cal (that they don't already say) if we chickened out because it was cold? I'll ride the Heavy Duti- save the Brooks. And be there no matter what. Besides- when something reaches a high enough level of discomfort, the suffering becomes a kind of fun in it's own way. Like riding in the rain.
So. It's on, rain or shine.

But it looks like we're spared all the heroics and drama. As of the latest forecast, we have only a slight chance of rain. Still, I'm bringing the Heavy Duti. I'm not hard core enough to risk the Brooks. :wink:

JWM

Friday afternoon and it's just pouring. :x
Computer say weather good tomorrow. :?
I keep reminding myself how hard core I am. :roll:
I rode a motorcycle over Cajon Pass in a downpour. (it blew chunks) :(
Also rode from Idaho to Ohio in the rain (see above comment) :( :(
Huntington to Newport? :?
No sweat. :D
Not when it's this cold, anyway. :wink:
See y'all tomorrow.

JWM

Well the weather is shaping up pretty nice. I don't think I'll be wearing shorts though. Gunna be a little on the cool side. I live over an hour away so I'm going to get the bike trailer loaded tonight. The wife and I are lookin forward to fun day! See you all tomorrow!!! :D :D :D

Man it poured today in Seal Beach which is a few miles from Huntington It's also cold here now plus it's windy , gonna be a hard pedal coming back from Balboa pier.
See you all tomorrow !!

Latest posts

Back