Anything goes Rat Dragster build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnp.smith said:
WOW, that's way out of my league

Naw man,just design a basic frame and get with the creativity! It took about a year to do this,and thats hardly working on it. :) Every now and then we would fiddle with it during the bicycle builds. :)

TommyTwoTime said:
Man that thing is cool. I love the use of the turbo for your aircleaner. Is it functional? I see the exhaust runs thru it.

YUP! It works! In fact,it worked out too well. :roll: We had allot of work done to the motor in order to take the turbo and allow it to function properly. The carb had to be drilled and another pick up tube in. Once the turbo would spool up the PSI from it would flow the fule BACK down into the tank. Along with the added and larger pick up tubes,the motor was rebuilt and bored 30 over,larger piston which is billet,a billet lightweight piston rod,titanium valves,new bearings that have something special about them,the 'hot' cam was replaced with a modified 'radical' cam,the next mod is the flywheel,a polished billet one will replace the heavy cast iron one. We are also looking into an upgraded magneto. This motor runs off of methanol. so it smells GOOOOOOOD! Without the turbo connected it has 15.+ hp. I forget off hand. And WITH turbo,well....we dont know just yet. :D

mastronaut said:
Unreal! The million dollar question, how fast does it go?

This we dont know yet. Before the engine build we ran it along side of our moms Impala SS (lingenfelter package!) and it ran at 55 even. That was before the rebuild and NO turbo connected.

We have a slight problem that will be fixed soon,the chain is over 100 inches llong and has a bad bounce in it above 55,so we are going to build a jackshaft and break it down to 3 short chains and gear it out of this world! Some say us Gibbs brothers have a death wish on this bike,we say "Many people have a life,but few people LIVE it." :)

See some more pics here if you have a facebook. http://www.facebook.com/3gfabrications

I am about to make a thread for this bike. We named it Roach. Cause its naaaasty lookin!

I was doing some light research on turbos a few years back. If I remember right, turbo's can almost add power mathematically. 7psi boost equals 50% more power and 14psi doubles it. You could be looking at 30+. That thing is awesome, Be careful.

bikebuilder said:
I was doing some light research on turbos a few years back. If I remember right, turbo's can almost add power mathematically. 7psi boost equals 50% more power and 14psi doubles it. You could be looking at 30+. That thing is awesome, Be careful.

Doesnt that mean it could also blow the engine apart too because the casings arent meant for that kind of pressure? There are some guys at my work with tuner cars and they add all these turbos and superchargers to their engines and then blow them up and have pieces some times fly through the hoods. Yes, definitely be careful

johnp.smith said:
bikebuilder said:

Doesnt that mean it could also blow the engine apart too because the casings arent meant for that kind of pressure? There are some guys at my work with tuner cars and they add all these turbos and superchargers to their engines and then blow them up and have pieces some times fly through the hoods. Yes, definitely be careful

John,not in this case. This motor was built with a turbo in mind. The engine alone puts out just over 15 horses. Its methanol fed and has a ton of work done to it. If you check out my Roach thread I think I have the details listed as far as what's been done with the motor and the 'hot roddin' that's been done to it to take the turbo.

It's a blast to ride,and everything functions as it should. I plan on makin a video this weekend of it in action. :)

TheFlyingDingo said:
Well, I'm going really slow, still kind of working on collecting parts. The bike WILL be finished eventually, Doubt by the end date. Work and school are beating me up!

i just been pulling parts,& working toward an idea..
the supervisor of all cycle s "FINKSTER",
IS STEALING THE PARTS. :arrow:
IMAG0025.jpg

this one lives in my office.
will have updated pics soon.
that is whenever i get a new camera.
mine decided to go swimming down stream. :oops: :cry:

I just saw this thread a few days ago. When are you calling it done? I have a great idea and I would like to at least post a mock up picture if there is time. You said until May, May 1st? or do we get 'til the end of May? You wanted a link to the build thred. Are you posting the before and after pics in this thread again? What's the plan?

I dont know about this particular thread but I have been told there is going to be an anything goes buildoff for everyone starting May 1st. I'm still collecting parts for that one.

Well, it's May 1st. I guess this challenge is over. I was going to call it something like Pro stock swingbike. I just read the new build-off rules. The using a factory frame rule is still against me. If I had one, I could use it, but I want it raked out a bit more anyway. I'll just build it how I want. Here is a mock up as of today with what I have. I have a 3" slick on the way. I may have to modify the frame to fit the tire.
The angle of the seat will change. I need to drill higher holes in the sissy bar.
DSCI0184-Copy.jpg

I am just going to put it in an existing thread I have for now anyway. I may decide it's unique enough to deverve a thread of it's own later.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14417

Latest posts

Back