anyone wanna have a build off?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LukeTheJoker said:
Cool by me to wait a week, shall we say no actual cutting or welding before Saturday 26 January start? Final photos up at Sunday 10th march, midnight? That way we get an extra weekend...

You ok with scratch building some parts Lowlife? Or you could do a frame stretch if your confident enough, be a shame to mess up the frame if your not though... Those tubes look to be pretty straight, would be an easier stretch than a curved bar bike.
Any help I can give, just ask. I'm not overly worried about if I win, just want to have some fun and get the bike built in a timely fashion, I think a build off will help me do that...

Bring on more builders! :mrgreen:

Luke.
I would really hate to cut up that frame, but I can do some scratch built parts. I've got some in mind anyways :wink:
As far as that deadline, it sounds good to me. I'm not worried about winning either, I think it'd be fun and I could get that bike done and out of the way :D

Lowlife Lucas said:
I would really hate to cut up that frame, but I can do some scratch built parts. I've got some in mind anyways. My question is, how many scratch built parts does it need?
Good call, that is a really nice frame, be a shame to mess with it. Going by what Jake said earlier (seeing as he started this build-off) "ye sounds alright.. was gonna be scratch built but if u make a wheelie bar or some bars that will be fine ;) " I reckon you will be alright with just one or two... Be interesting to see what you come up with!

Bear in mind though that Jake's and mine will be mainly scratch built, they will probably be a bit more attention grabbing, (Jake's defiantly will be if he follows the awesome design he has come up with!) I don't know if that will affect the voting scores, but I don't want you to feel left out... Guess you will just have to do an awesome job on your build and scratch built parts! :wink: You should get votes from those that prefer the history and style of unmodified vintage frames rather than seeing them get cut up... :D

So, are you in? :?:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Lowlife Lucas said:
I would really hate to cut up that frame, but I can do some scratch built parts. I've got some in mind anyways. My question is, how many scratch built parts does it need?
Good call, that is a really nice frame, be a shame to mess with it. Going by what Jake said earlier (seeing as he started this build-off) "ye sounds alright.. was gonna be scratch built but if u make a wheelie bar or some bars that will be fine ;) " I reckon you will be alright with just one or two... Be interesting to see what you come up with!

Bear in mind though that Jake's and mine will be mainly scratch built, they will probably be a bit more attention grabbing, (Jake's defiantly will be if he follows the awesome design he has come up with!) I don't know if that will affect the voting scores, but I don't want you to feel left out... Guess you will just have to do an awesome job on your build and scratch built parts! :wink: You should get votes from those that prefer the history and style of unmodified vintage frames rather than seeing them get cut up... :D

So, are you in? :?:

Luke.
Count me in! :D
I've got no concern about winning, I'm in for the fun factor :)

Any more takers for the anything goes muscle bike build off?

Starts Saturday 26th January, going till Sunday March 10th at midnight ...

Currently in are Jake "oleskool", Lucas "Lowlife Lucas", Rich "RichL", and myself Luke "LukeTheJoker"

Luke.

Well this is an excuse to get my finger out and build something....... it'll be my first build - and frame availability over here is very limited. I'll see what I can come up with.

*** runs off to get an idea of a 'muscle' bike ***

You would be very welcome to join GTV Saviour! (Alfa Romeo gtv? :?: :D ) I think Jake (Oleskool) who started the build off would like to see some scratch built parts or even frames on the bikes, do you have the tools and ability to make up some parts? Or a willing friend with the tools and ability? :wink:
Then again, it is anything goes, so maybe we could talk him into letting you in even if you wont be building from scratch...

As far as I understand muscle bikes, they basically have a smaller wheel/tire on the front than the back, ape hanger style handle bars and banana seat-sissy bar combo. That's my understanding, but I never even heard of them before joining the site late last year, so I may be missing something... :roll: I'm pretty sure if you look at the designs we have come up with, (other thread, we kinda doubled up: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=67858) it's pretty flexible...
To give you an idea, my favourite muscle bikes on here (that I have found so far!) are a huffy top fuel rail:http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=64955
And an eliminator:http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60
Bear in mind though, these are factory muscle bikes, I doubt ours will be much like them aside from the things I mentioned earlier!
An easy muscle bike could be made from a bmx frame, throw some big and little tires at it, apes and a banana, abracadabra, a muscle bike! If you can build a wheelie bar or something for it, even better!

By the way, you should make up an intro on the Intros thread, let everyone know a little about you... Kind of an introduction to everyone else... viewforum.php?f=9

Luke. Oh, and nice to meet you, welcome to the forum! :D

oleskool said:
if thats possible?
but will take custom paint or something if not :D
i hope i can finish in 6 weeks...
cheers,
Jake

I agree here... the most important thing, finish in 6 weeks, we all start out together, we all finish together, the bikers code; rule #1 :D

Glad to have you on board GTVSavior!

Rich

Cool idea, if it is a factory bike, at least custom paint or dare I say bare metal/clear coat? :mrgreen:

Luke.

Oops, just remembered Jake is doing bare metal, might not want me to give anyone ideas... :wink:
Speaking of which, is the last bike you built showing any signs of rusting or going gold/brown tinged? Did you end up deciding on a name?

Hey guys, Im new here and what better way to get started then jumping right into a build off? That is if you guys will let me join the fun. Thanks Tim

Latest posts

Back