anyone wanna have a build off?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
musclebike style?>
im thinking of having a build off with someone as i just designed this frame:
projectsart008.jpg

cheers,
Jake
IF ANYONE THINKS THERE BRAVE ENOUGH :lol:

Depends,
What are the terms?

I'm assuming from your design (cutting/welding) this would be an anything goes build off? Aside from Muscle bike themed...
What about paint? Self applied?
Any budget restraints? (My current Cadillac build has me pretty broke!)
What timeline? Quick build off sounds good to me, I have seen some that go for months and I just lose interest... :roll: Your last build "this may take awhile" took you 10 weeks roughly, reckon you could do it in 1 month, or less?

Get back to me with what you think, I will have a think if I'm willing to take on another project right now (and talk to my wife about it!), and maybe this might happen... :wink:

Luke.

Edit: Would be embarrassing to be beaten by a 13 year old! :oops: Then again, I'm only 13, oops, I mean 31...Dyslexia :roll: ...

umm no budget limit.
try and use what u can from other bikes etc..
paint or bare metal
should be about 6 weeks on this? as its winter and i have no heating..
anything goes and thats it..
let me know..
Jake :D would be gr8 to have a build off versus you seeing your cadi build makes me so jealous ..

oleskool said:
umm no budget limit.
try and use what u can from other bikes etc..
paint or bare metal
should be about 6 weeks on this? as its winter and i have no heating..
anything goes and thats it..
let me know..
Jake :D would be gr8 to have a build off versus you seeing your cadi build makes me so jealous ..

Alright, I'm in! Shall we agree on 1st march as the build deadline? Maybe 2 weeks for voting after?
Hope your ok with me building my own forks, none I have here are any good for this build...
I know you are a member (and founder!) of other boards, but I am comfortable here, ok if it is run here on RRB? I'm cool if you want to set up the threads for the build off, I have never done one before, so would not know what to do anyway...:D

Now I just have to figure out how to build the vision in my head... :shock:

Luke.

P.S. If your ever in Australia, you would be welcome to ride the Cadillac, might have to grow a bit taller first, it is made to suit my brother and me... (Both 6foot 5inches.) Really need to be 6 foot or over just to reach the pedals...

Edit: Just went through what frames I have, and nothing is working in my head. Ok if I go mainly scratch build with just a few old frame pieces? (I promise, no heavy-duty square tubing with pie cut corners!)

The bike I'm thinking off building is sort of a cross between "MplsCoaster's" 24inch Eliminator: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60
and "RailRider's" purple Huffy top fuel rail: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=64955

So does that make it a "Railiminator"?

Jake is 13 years old, I am 31, if we got someone around 45 and someone 60 or so, we could make it a battle of the generations... :wink:

Luke.

P.S. you don't have to be 45 or 60 to join, the more the better I would think...

Edit to fix links. 21/01/13.

LukeTheJoker said:
The bike I'm thinking off building is sort of a cross between "MplsCoaster's" 24inch Eliminator: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60
and "RailRider's" purple Huffy top fuel rail: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=64955

Jake is 13 years old, I am 31, if we got someone around 45 and someone 60 or so, we could make it a battle of the generations... :wink:

Luke.

P.S. you don't have to be 45 or 60 to join, the more the better I would think...
I'm 22, will that work? Lol. So, I've got something in mind, something I'm wanting to do. But I'm not sure if it qualifies as muscle bike.. :?

LukeTheJoker said:
Can you draw up a pic? Or find a thread with something similar? See what Jake says when he gets online...
:wink:

Luke.
Well....I kind of have a thread on it, you've seen it. But, it doesn't have anything done to it at the moment..

I had forgotten about that one!

Little front, bigger rear, banana seat, sissy bar, ape hangers... Fits my definition of a muscle bike, lets see what Jake says when he gets on... :mrgreen:

Luke.

ye sounds alright.. was gonna be scratch built but if u make a wheelie bar or some bars that will be fine ;)

when shall we all start?
shall we leave it another week so we can all get parts together/draw a plan out. and allow more people to join?
ye always wanted to go to oz and if i do i will be sure to pop in ;)
p.s having the build off on here is fine :D

cheers guys,
Jake

Cool by me to wait a week, shall we say no actual cutting or welding before Saturday 26 January start? Final photos up at Sunday 10th march, midnight? That way we get an extra weekend...

You ok with scratch building some parts Lowlife? Or you could do a frame stretch if your confident enough, be a shame to mess up the frame if your not though... Those tubes look to be pretty straight, would be an easier stretch than a curved bar bike.
Any help I can give, just ask. I'm not overly worried about if I win, just want to have some fun and get the bike built in a timely fashion, I think a build off will help me do that...

Bring on more builders! :mrgreen:

Luke.

10th of march would be 6 weeks and 1 day from the 26th of January, basically 7 weeks and a day from now... Is that cool?

O'Malley sounds good, I don't know who that is, but, the more the better... :mrgreen:

Looking forward to this! :D

Luke.

Latest posts

Back