Anyone up for a tall bike challenge?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased a couple of frames from Eric (theflyingdingo) and Im eager to get started on building my first tall bike. I want to get this done before the official start of summer so we need to start soon. As for rules, I think the only rule should be that you have to start with at least two frames on top of one another. The rest can be an "anything goes" type build. Any and all modifications acceptable. Oh and the best part is that you have to be able to get on it and ride it. 100 Bonus points for keeping it rat! Im starting mine this weekend so hopefully we'll get some others that want to join in soon.

Oooh, oooh :eek: ........I got a little excited there! I'd really really would like to but I got three already plus the Shadow. I do want to make another custom frame like the Shadow or nearly like it but it doesn't use the double high format your doing. I got at least enough frames set aside to make three more. Anybody wants to join the challenge and willing to pick up a set of frames from me is welcome to a set.
:| sigh..........but I will be watching this to make sure all involved gets tall 8)

Graylock

Duuuuude! I would totally change the rules if your interested. We could stick with the anything goes rule. Youre like the tall bike god in my eyes. Please accept this challenge? Anyway whats one more gonna change your stable too much. I surely do not have room for anymore either, I,m just gittin bored.

Built 2 myself, The Inverta Bike from the "Bicycle Builders Bonanza" Book from the Chopzone.com and atomiczombie.com

S5003358.jpg

S5003022.jpg

By now your probably asking yourself "Self, What the heck is he doing?" Well I actually have a plan in my head that ive been visioning for a whole week now. Now for my next amazing feat I will... Oh never mind Im just adding a couple 3 or 4 inches to the rear end, nothing amazing there. Dont forget to sleave your tubes for extra strength.
deedledor3.jpg

TommyTwoTime said:
By now your probably asking yourself "Self, What the heck is he doing?" Well I actually have a plan in my head that ive been visioning for a whole week now. Now for my next amazing feat I will... Oh never mind Im just adding a couple 3 or 4 inches to the rear end, nothing amazing there. Dont forget to sleave your tubes for extra strength.
deedledor3.jpg
Hey, if those chain adjusters don't stay onboard, I need a set for one of my prewars.

Oh Kool! A challenger. Whewww I thought I was going to have to move this to the build section. Hey Ozz welcome to the challenge. I think we should show build progress pictures to keep it more interesting to the readers. Maybe a picture of you working on it might be cool too. I think well just go with the anything goes rule on this one instead of the one frame on top of the other rule. That way maybe we can lure in some more people that want to join in. By summer is just so we have some kind of deadline. Im thinking mine will be done sooner than that because my bike is not going to be overly complex. And Im geeked to ride it. :D

Markm said:
Go Man Go!!!!
How are you gonna do the "headtube" area???? Connect with a long tube???
Hey Markm Im going to actually cut all of that off and go with another plan I have for the front end. I havent disclosed that yet until I make sure my idea is going to work. Since I never really draw up plans I wont know if whats in my head will lay out in metal until I do it.

TommyTwoTime said:
Markm said:
Go Man Go!!!!
How are you gonna do the "headtube" area???? Connect with a long tube???
Hey Markm Im going to actually cut all of that off and go with another plan I have for the front end. I havent disclosed that yet until I make sure my idea is going to work. Since I never really draw up plans I wont know if whats in my head will lay out in metal until I do it.

.......so this is what rattles around in your head...........I thought it was a caged bearing with one bearing missing!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :wink:

Graylock

By summer sounds great, since i have two jobs. I was afraid we only had a week or something. It still gets cold here and I have to weld outside for lack of a garage. I hope some others jump in.

Latest posts

Back