anyone seen these before?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say get it that bike may never come rolling by again, but asking on the forum or put it on RRB FB some one will know there for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no joke, I think after some research it may be a copy Bowden, I have asked him for more info and a few parts are not original but until I get a chance to see it in the flesh I don't know, he reckons its a 67, they only came out in 1960, then a few earlier prototypes in the 50 and new repros in the 80s/90s, so could be some homebuilt special, he reckons it has a Raleigh frame underneath, a Raleigh chopper crank, and mentioned something about the headset being a 1 or 1 1/18 set and has a black seat but otherwise pretty much identical to a bowden, but I am hoping its at least a decent repro as there still worth good coin, fingers crossed its not some dodgy bodge job!

I think its a win win for you, with cash on the side. Its a really eye catching piece, and if you dont end up liking it, Im sure you wont have ANY trouble selling it, even if it is a little hodge podge. I know even the Repops fetch some good money given they're such a classy piece to the collection. Id love to be able to ride one sometime.,
-Zombie

I think its a win win for you, with cash on the side. Its a really eye catching piece, and if you dont end up liking it, Im sure you wont have ANY trouble selling it, even if it is a little hodge podge. I know even the Repops fetch some good money given they're such a classy piece to the collection. Id love to be able to ride one sometime.,
-Zombie
that is an amazing bike!!!!! even a repro would be worth it to me but I did learn something I did not know about these being reproduced guess I never know anymore but I would gladly take that and build another felt down the road

btw it is a Bowden spacelander if i am seeing it right was pretty fancy back in it's day whens space age was in and everything was space themed and streamlining became popular. original bowdens go for upwards of 5 grand so the repros or "kits" should be able to fetch about 1/5 of that unless I am wrong.( and I am quite often lol )

Troll.......no pics...

Latest posts

Back