Anyone plan on working on their bike more AFTER the deadline?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering how many other people have ideas that you just can't squeeze into the allotted time? I'm pretty sure there are some parts I ordered that I won't get in time to make them work. I also have some ideas that are probably just too time consuming to make happen before the deadline.

So, have you continued to work on a build off bike after the fact, or does the hype wear off after you have submitted final pictures?

I did a bar swap on my BO-leven build before I sold it, but that was at the request of the buyer.
As far as this year's bike goes, it will get a second set of wheels built up for more serious trail/pump track use at some point, and I am sure it will evolve as I continue to ride it.

I never stop tweaking my bikes.
The picture in my finished build thread has been known to change on the eve of the finale. In fact that picture is just a fixed point in time during the accumulation of a nice patina...

Carl.

I am still on crutches and trying to get ready to move from Florida to Arkansas. I have accumulated a lot of crap in the 12 years I have owned this house...lol. My build got put on hold so it will get finished after I move.

I decided yesterday to completely re do my build. I like how it turned out, but I'm curious how it would look if I painted it different.

My son has been riding the bike enough to put some play in the head tube that I need to adjust out.

The headlight on the build is from a dynamo set, but I’m going to put a battery inside the light instead of using the dynamo.

The bike has no brakes, which I personally have BIG issues with, so I will either lace in a rear coaster or a front disk brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No time to work on bikes for the next few weeks...
Have to pack up my flat and workshop... Big family move straight ahead!
7afb0e732ff925b97742c6ac7d7ee5cf.jpg

35 boxes packed so far, a lot more to com... [emoji27]

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

I will place a chainguard and a rack,maybe some hydraulic brakes,a 1500w rear hub,with a 48v battery,extend the handlebars,tweak the middle gears. I want this to be my fast lazy rider. Get rid of my scooter and go electric...

I will be tending to all of the bearings. Didn't have time to commit to cleaning and greasing things properly. After putting some test miles on it after things are greased and adjusted it will be partially disassembled and boxed up for shipping!

Always trying different seats to achieve comfortable cruising. Have taken it on a 15 mi. ride with no troubles and the 5 speed gearing did hills fine.

I n
Just wondering how many other people have ideas that you just can't squeeze into the allotted time? I'm pretty sure there are some parts I ordered that I won't get in time to make them work. I also have some ideas that are probably just too time consuming to make happen before the deadline.

So, have you continued to work on a build off bike after the fact, or does the hype wear off after you have submitted final pictures?[/QUOTE I never stop messing with my bikes, always room for improvement. When I started my build, I had a 20 inch 3 speed coaster brake wheel I wanted to use. When I installed it, it wouldn't shift and made crunchy noises, catastrophic failure. I bought and used another 3 speed wheel with no coaster brake and had to come up with a brake that would work around the fat tire, I really didn't like it
After the build off, I relaced another hub (3 speed coaster brake ) for the first time and it came out better than expected. Oh well ,I have another awesome bike in my collection !!!

Latest posts

Back