Anyone in Austin Tx willing to help ship a bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found I bike I really want but the seller has been dragging his feet about even taking the bike to a shop to be boxed for shipping. The bike is a whizzer actually and I really just want the Whizzer specific parts so a good deal of the bike itself (prewar RoadMaster) could be yours if you wanted it. Or I could pay $$$ for your trouble. Please LMK if you or anyone you can help me out. Thanks -Chris

I found I bike I really want but the seller has been dragging his feet about even taking the bike to a shop to be boxed for shipping. The bike is a whizzer actually and I really just want the Whizzer specific parts so a good deal of the bike itself (prewar RoadMaster) could be yours if you wanted it. Or I could pay $$$ for your trouble. Please LMK if you or anyone you can help me out. Thanks -Chris

Show a photo of the bike and list what parts you don't want.....it might motivate someone local. ;)

Here's the pics, I'd kinda like to keep the flying v fork and truss rods but a this point I guess I could let it go if someone is willing to help. I need everything Whizzer related including the wheels and the drop stand, but the frame, stem, bars, crank, seat tires, etc are all free for the taking.

If you didn't want anything I'd pay $100 to have it picked up and boxed. I've found a shop called Tsunimi cycles that says they will box it for $40 but the seller has been dragging is feet for over a month on taking there.

At least he replied to your emails. I tried on several occasions to get a reply from him. I just assumed it was sold, then I would see the ad renewed and try again with another email to be ignored. After three strikes I figured I was out....

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
FWIW, sounds like maybe your emails were getting hung up in seller's spam folder?

This has been a very long and drawn out transaction. I first heard back from him on April 29th and at last count we have written 43 emails. The seller won't give me a phone number so this is the only means of communication. I trust him though, we've kind of gotten to know each other a little. He's actually a fairly well established blues musician in Austin. I haven't sent any money yet, our deal is that once he drops the bike off at the shop I will pay him in full for it. He says he's going to take it next week, but that's not the first time he's said that. Something always comes up. This week it was a threat of flooding. If I just knew someone in Austin this would be so easy. If I had any time i would take plane to Austin and pack it myself. I really hate asking or depending on others to help me.

Dude if there was any way I could help you, I would. Excuse me for asking, but have you asked anyone at Tsunami to pick it up ? Since they're willing to pack it up and ship it ?

I would be very skeptical, once its dropped off and paid for he can just go back an pick it up. Who is the bike shop supposed to trust the guy on the phone or the one who brought it in.

No bike shops wants to get in the middle of an internet transaction.

I have done deals like this in the past but typically with people i have at least spoken to on the phone.

This has been a very long and drawn out transaction. I first heard back from him on April 29th and at last count we have written 43 emails. The seller won't give me a phone number so this is the only means of communication. I trust him though, we've kind of gotten to know each other a little. He's actually a fairly well established blues musician in Austin. I haven't sent any money yet, our deal is that once he drops the bike off at the shop I will pay him in full for it. He says he's going to take it next week, but that's not the first time he's said that. Something always comes up. This week it was a threat of flooding. If I just knew someone in Austin this would be so easy. If I had any time i would take plane to Austin and pack it myself. I really hate asking or depending on others to help me.

Not to stereotype anyone (and MIGZ may agree), but in my experience, people in Austin tend to be pretty casual and laid back, and if dude is a musician, probably even more so.

I can totally relate to you wanting to have the bike in your possession ASAP, but if you feel like you have a rapport with him it will probably work out...

Probably not what you want to hear, and like I said, I wish I could help you, but my plate is really full at present. Cool bike, good luck; maybe an Austin RRB'er will step up.

Thanks, I'm not too worried about getting ripped off by this guy, He seems more ambivalent than shady. Plus I will be paying via pay pal (not as a gift)so I should be fairly safe. The bike shop is 10 miles away and not at all excited about this but they said they would do it. They told me they are going to put it in a 68"x30"x 9" box which is BS in my opinion but through bikeflights the estimate was only $90 so I don't really care.

Not to stereotype anyone (and MIGZ may agree), but in my experience, people in Austin tend to be pretty casual and laid back, and if dude is a musician, probably even more so.

I can totally relate to you wanting to have the bike in your possession ASAP, but if you feel like you have a rapport with him it will probably work out...

Probably not what you want to hear, and like I said, I wish I could help you, but my plate is really full at present. Cool bike, good luck; maybe an Austin RRB'er will step up.

Austin the the California of Texas so I could not agree more with it being different from the rest of the state.

Latest posts

Back