Anyone else planning for BOTEN (RRBBO#10) yet?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3) I've been thinking that I need a new simple scratch-built bike to show people an example of my work, so I might do that. Except that it would probably have 36" wheels.

Build 3 sounds the best to me, just my humble opinion.

That's the one I'm leaning towards now. Nice scratch built, with either the 36" wheelset I have, or 26" front, and re-use the old truck wheel I started to use for my unfinished WBO bike:
IMG_3050_zpsa7b40cc2.jpg

I've got three build ideas, and I have no clue which one I'll be going with.

1) Version 3 of the boardtrackers that I build every couple of years (Imitation 1910, Red Baron).
2) A Gaskill-esque cut 'n' hack burrito that would be made with three or four frames, including a tandem frame. This would be very "what flows," and I have no real plan for it. How the frames fit together would determine what it looks like.
3) I've been thinking that I need a new simple scratch-built bike to show people an example of my work, so I might do that. Except that it would probably have 36" wheels.

I vote for a Gaskill-Deven build!!! I would love to see that!!!!

I have found myself in a museum of my life 20 years ago- And fortunately have a lot of bike krappe there. I will be entering this build, even if I have to ship a half completed carcass 2000 miles west to finish the darn thing!

Welcome aboard!!! Looking forward to your build.

Yeah, that Rixie fork is awesome and definitely on my short list or "wants".

It looks like a Rixie, doesn't it? It's a 1948 Harley Hummer "rubber band" front end. I'm thinking of modifying it by adding a shock to make it a girder. The rubber band thing is very rickety.

I've got three build ideas, and I have no clue which one I'll be going with.

1) Version 3 of the boardtrackers that I build every couple of years (Imitation 1910, Red Baron).
2) A Gaskill-esque cut 'n' hack burrito that would be made with three or four frames, including a tandem frame. This would be very "what flows," and I have no real plan for it. How the frames fit together would determine what it looks like.

I have no doubt that whichever you decide upon, it will be awesome. :thumbsup:

My hope is that you go for number 2 because I love seeing old bikes reimagined in a "let's see what happens" style of build.

Looking forward to it no matter what.

Glen.

Two years ago we were recovering from a serious hail storm during the build off. This year I've recovered from a February back strain, a February hernia surgery, and finally an emergency Coronary Artery stint implant last Sunday. We had the vehicle loaded for a swap meet trip on Sunday but it didn't get out of the driveway.
I have three candidate frames/bikes to consider using. Probably won't get started right out of the gate on the 1st. Mine will be a pretty simple build regardless.

Last edited:
Can we get a countdown timer? Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock.....:thumbsup:

Why am I even thinking of throwing my name in the hat?!?!?!?!

WAAAAAAY too much creativity/ability/free time on everyone else's part for me to compete!!!!

Why am I even thinking of throwing my name in the hat?!?!?!?!

WAAAAAAY too much creativity/ability/free time on everyone else's part for me to compete!!!!

Don't look at it as a competition, look at it as participation! I don't care if I win or not I just want to be a part of the experience! I have watched to many go by from the sidelines. It's all In good fun anyway.

[quote uid=7932 name="brett4christ" post=903678]Why am I even thinking of throwing my name in the hat?!?!?!?!<br /><br />WAAAAAAY too much creativity/ability/free time on everyone else's part for me to compete!!!![/QUOTE]<br /><br />Don't look at it as a competition, look at it as participation! I don't care if I win or not I just want to be a part of the experience! I have watched to many go by from the sidelines. It's all In good fun anyway.<br/>

I agree its al about building cool bikes!

Latest posts

Back