Anyone else planning for BOTEN (RRBBO#10) yet?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So here we are with 4-5 months to go but I find I am already planning and ordering parts, some have already arrived, others are still on their way.

Going to try some new things this time, been inspired by the awesome work done by other builders with materials I am not as familiar with and build on the concept of "BigJim" and the stalled "FatBob" projects and try to come up with something cool.

Anyone else planning and sourcing bits and pieces yet?

Luke.

Yeah, I still got 4 or 5 builds in the "Pile o' Parts " stage. I am leaning towards using that cool conversion tank that I got from TRM and building a simple bike based roughly on the old XR 750 Harleys.....at least the same orange and black paint.

I may have to go with a simple build the way that work and vacation are lining up right now. I still want to build my Afterburner X53/254 or my 1918 Harley Davis-son or my Elgin Twin Bar. Who knows. Still too far away right now.

I think after 6 yrs ive reached my burnout point. it will be nice to just watch and enjoy the a/c!:thumbsup: now if I suddenly inherit a fab shop....game on!

I hope you change your mind, but at least you are giving us a treat with your WBO build.

I just remembered that I have this CWC Roadmaster from @Walker tucked away somewhere. I love the patina on it, so it may be a simple build if I end up in a time crunch.
Pinkard062813031_zpseefe1a69.jpg

do you guys have a list of all the upcoming Builds?

FZ

Our annual big RRB Build Off runs May-Jun-Jul
Currently the Winter Build Off (WBO) is going on Jan-Feb-Mar
The Muscle Bike Build Off (MBBO) usually runs Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec
And of course there are plenty of non build off builds going on by individuals throughout the year.

Our annual big RRB Build Off runs May-Jun-Jul
Currently the Winter Build Off (WBO) is going on Jan-Feb-Mar
The Muscle Bike Build Off (MBBO) usually runs Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec
And of course there are plenty of non build off builds going on by individuals throughout the year.
Huh, I'll have to Take note. Thanks for that. Do you happen to know when the next Traditional or Build for All styles will be?

Huh, I'll have to Take note. Thanks for that. Do you happen to know when the next Traditional or Build for All styles will be?

The Winter Build Off just started, and is "anything goes," so if you have a build to do, why not enter?

The MBBO is the only build off that puts any guidelines around the style or genre of the build.

Excellent replies, I think I'll begin a little wrenching on my Otasco and see how different I can make it look for the Build.

Thanks for the Encouragement Fellas, Would be much too modest to bother otherwise.

FZ

where is that I should throw one of my current builds into that.
Right now it's listed under "Competitions"
It's called "Winter 2015 Build Off"
my understanding is that it will soon have it's own section...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back