Anymore Jeep freaks out there?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've had this 1974 Jeep CJ5 for over 30 years & I love it. Just over 45,000 miles on it. Just put new brakes & tires on it recently. Next will be a lift kit, LED light bar & new bumpers. If there are anymore Jeep freaks on the site, show them off!

I used to be when I had my 70 jeepster commando pickup, sadly I sold it after I discovered the wiring was fried. Still kick myself for getting rid of it.

I used to be when I had my 70 jeepster commando pickup, sadly I sold it after I discovered the wiring was fried. Still kick myself for getting rid of it.

Easy fix nowadays. There are all kinds of kits available now that were not available back then.

I had a '77 CJ7 from '78 until '04 when I sold it. The 304 shot craps and I put in a 360 from a J10 pickup. It really moved. Gary

99 cherokee classic. I will NEVER drive anything other than a jeep. My neighbor has a 50's Willy's jeep station wagon, and I'd love to have one of those too,,,,,
c6fd1bcc95da36b74902e1919f2aadec.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I had a guy on my paper route when I was a kid that had a 50's willys panel sitting in his front yard. Wouldn't sell it for a million dollars. I doubt if he ever did anything with it. Man! I wanted that baby.

20,000 members & only a hand full of jeep owners or former owners?

Let's see em! I know there are more out there.

I had a guy on my paper route when I was a kid that had a 50's willys panel sitting in his front yard. Wouldn't sell it for a million dollars. I doubt if he ever did anything with it. Man! I wanted that baby.
2be72fd22d538dc5fc86f19f0834b02c.jpg
not sure the year on this one but i live for jeeps and bikes!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Awesome! The old willy's all pretty much look the same. Wish I could have talked him into selling it!

Great pic by the way!

92785df4b285d3a4dddf97a96cce6138.jpg

05f21efb9e8a0ccaa4d9f6db99c403db.jpg

Another friend of mine rolled his yj while we were out playin in our jeeps, my cherokee pulled it back upright and we limped the yj all the way back to his house 16 miles away! Impressive jeeps
e85b5ba05fd57e533ddd11da05f4eeba.jpg

3e316fb50f5618e5f62f497a56478a1e.jpg

And this is his new JK

I knew there were more out there! Thanks for sharing. I wish you hadn't shared that your dad's willys were for sale! My wife would kill me.

I picked up a liberty cheap to fix and flip in 09, I thought it was just a chick car. I wasn't driving that thing. You see them everywhere here though. I decided Id drive it for a little while to make sure it was solid before putting it for sale. I wound up loving that thing. up a good set f all terrains on it. People constantly told me they have never seen a liberty wheeled like that before. I put an old man emu lift, 17" charger wheels and kj rubicon mud terrains and it was pretty good on the trails. Flex is somewhat limited with the ifs, but the ride is a million times better on the street and trails. I drove it for 5 years daily, from nj to nyc. I sold it and the wagoneer last year to buy a new car. I still miss the liberty.

I also had this 78 wagoneer for about 4 years. It was my friends daily driver for may years until it got too rusty. It was a total rot box. I had to build a new floor, inner and outer rockers out of 1/8 plate new quarters, built new inner quarters wheelhouses new rear crossmember, it had a fresh jasper 360. I did a 4" lift, 4.10s air locker, dana 300 twin sticked, custom pipe bumper air tank with tire swing out. Full length roof rack. York on board air plumbed with 1/2" hydraulic hose. Halogen headlights, ford truck winch bumper. Had the front bench rebuilt, 1/8" aluminum door panels.

I sold it earlier this year. Wife has an lj and 3 jeeps at once were too much work for me. We just started doing stuff to her jeep. In fact last weekend we went to Rausch creek for the women's wheelin day.

I did sell the wagoneer with the plan of replacing it with a willys wagon, but I really shouldn't replace it with anything.

20,000 members & only a hand full of jeep owners or former owners?

Let's see em! I know there are more out there.

There may have already been a Jeep thread several years back, I forget...

Had a TJ for 10 years- lots of fun! Always think if the right survivor showed up on CL I might invest in a classic... ;-)

Latest posts

Back