any shooters in the group??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you think the colt .45 was knicknamed "The peacemaker"

Hoping for peace doesn't mean you can't be prepared for war.

Give peace a chance, when that don't work shoot back!

deorman said:
Ammo. Price and availability are concerns in some areas at the moment. Okay, price has been concerning for while now, :roll: but you get the drift.
I normally get mine online as it's cheaper. But it depends a lot on what you shoot. .22 and 12ga. Are almost always cheap.

outskirtscustoms said:
Might be getting a nice New England Arms single shot .410 here soon. I have heard good reviews of it.

I picked one up last fall, .410 / 45 Long Colt shooter. Survivor Rifle. $120 at a pawn shop. Still havn't shot it. .410 ammo is pricy and now its gone.

I love the H&R units. They look good and shoot good. Picked up a .17 mach 2. Dialed in the scope and shot a 20 gauge empty in a slight cross wind dead center at 50 yards. One shot one kill. Its a tack driver for sure.

Then that .223 H&R is a different story. 2 shooters, 2 scopes 2 different kinds of ammo. Wont shoot, even had a trigger job done on it. I'm thinking the barrel is bad.

I have a .225 that I need to send back in and exchange the barrel for a .308 sometime...

So I have a .17 Mach 2 to a 45-70 in the H&R's now

I got that .410 today even up for the lawn mower I paid $28 into. The mower started smoking real bad but he said he'll fix it and let me use his mower to do my yard till I get another one as long as I pay for gas. I like the simplicity of the New England Arms .410, it's basically just your button to open the breech, slide a load in, lock it, pull the hammer back, and hit the trigger. No safety, no complicated mechanisms, just a clean simple design that works fine. Also it is surprisingly light weight.

Here it is, New England Arms Pardner .410

As I said it's pretty simple just the breech open and the hammer.

I love this rainbow effect

Nice Bluing there, here is my 45 / 410. Last weekend at a yard sale, a guy had a 20 for 80 bucks.

My other H&R units, the wood stocks

And the black stocks, .17 Mach 2, 22 long and 22 MAG

Sinner4 said:
Nice Bluing there, here is my 45 / 410. Last weekend at a yard sale, a guy had a 20 for 80 bucks.

I like that stock! I wonder if I can get one like that for mine.

Ive seen from $80 for a 20 and up to $120 for a 12 gauge.

And I just looked at e-bay and they dont have one. Try H&R's web site or call them.

So I did okay for $28? :mrgreen:

I figured I'd share a story I saw on the internet somewhere some time ago, Kinda sums up the reason why I am into guns.

A 90 year old woman was pulled over and when asked for license and registration a gun fell out of the glove box, the officer asks if she has papers for the gun and she does, He asks if there are any other weapons in the car, she says yes, turns out there were 8 pistols, 2 shotguns, and a fully automatic assault rifle in the car and she had papers for all of them. When asked what the woman was so scared of she just smiled and replied, "Not a single thing"

outskirtscustoms said:

You payed $28 for the 410???

I figured I'd share a story I saw on the internet somewhere some time ago, Kinda sums up the reason why I am into guns.

A 90 year old woman was pulled over and when asked for license and registration a gun fell out of the glove box, the officer asks if she has papers for the gun and she does, He asks if there are any other weapons in the car, she says yes, turns out there were 8 pistols, 2 shotguns, and a fully automatic assault rifle in the car and she had papers for all of them. When asked what the woman was so scared of she just smiled and replied, "Not a single thing"

Nice firearms gents!
I have some! I usually carry my 357, wheel gun, don't want those cases leaving behind a mess now do we?
But for the house I keep my Browning loaded with bird shot, yes BIRD shot. Anyone can shoot it meaning kids, nobody can miss!

Long time ago I grew up with Randy, Randy was a bad ..., he was the toughest guy around. Now ol Randy and a couple guys thought robbing drug dealers was going to be easy money, Randy got a load of bird shot in the back. He nearly lost an arm due to the infection that raged in him for weeks, he lost 45-50#s while laid up, and somewhere in there ..... Christ entered Randy's life. He is now Randel, he is a sweet, nice, honorable christian the builds choppers now!

My point is you don't have to kill a bad person, just take the fight out of them.
As for hunting, I like to use my 22 so I don't lose any meat........

Sinner4 said:
outskirtscustoms said:

You payed $28 for the 410???

In a round about way yes, I bought a lawn mower from the scrapyard for $18 and paid a friend $10 to work on it and get it running, then it started smoking real bad and I traded it even up for the .410 so I have $28 in it.

I just had a funny phone call. Turns out Comcast is now getting into the home security / alarm business as well as their home phone, internet, and cable tv. I just told the lady I have a .410 shotgun and a .380 pistol my home security is fine. I thought she was gonna pee her pants laughing and she said I agree with you sir.

I whipped these up today, I cant see spending $130 on a shooting table when I can make my own. I had two sets of folding table legs laying around, $3 spent on those, then one sheet of OSB, $25 for that. Then several hundred on the wood tools. I already had the air guns and sanders.

The tables are 4 ft long and 2 ft wide, doubled up 5/8 OSB

And the home made target.

Nice work, I might have to make a target like that for myself. I found the stock and forend I will be getting for my .410 online when I get more money. I like the wood okay but I like the shell holder built into the stock and the bipod would be really nice.

This stock
H-R_TAMMER.jpg

and this forend with bipod
HR_Varmint.jpg

Both from here
http://www.thecountryshed.com/h&r_stocks1.htm

Just got another fine gun. I traded my Lorcin .380 pistol for this Harrington & Richardson Topper Model 88 break barrel single shot .410 shotgun. Looks nearly identical to the New England Arms .410 I got rid of.

Well I'm thinking about rewarding myself with a new pistol come payday, I am looking at the rugar charger 10/22 pistol (non-takedown version), looks like a great gun for plinking and varmints. Comes with a 10 inch threaded barrel, picatinny rail, bipod, A2 style grip, and bx15 magazine. Very customizable. I've seen 110 round drum magazines, suppressors, full stock kits, tactical kits, and sights galore. I'll probably just get the flashlight/lazer sight, bx trigger (2lb pull), a better grip, and a scope for longer range plinking. Maybe a suppressor after I check the legality of it. Anyone own one? Good? Bad? Things you like? Don't like?

http://www.ruger.com/products/22Charger/models.html

Latest posts

Back