Any model builders here?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been building off and on since I was a kid in the mid nineties. here's what I was working on last time I had the kits out

the lakes inspired deuce
deuceandt016.jpg

deuceandt014.jpg

deuceandt008.jpg

deuceandt010.jpg

the barn find catalina. this is the first rusty car Ive tried since I was a kid, and I found it easier and more fun to get a good result than building a shiny car

62catalina012.jpg

62catalina018.jpg

62catalina020.jpg

62catalina021.jpg

62catalina011.jpg

62catalina004.jpg

62catalina003.jpg

...I love the Super Duty, prob my fav 1:1 car...also one of my on-going projects...
here are a ccouple quick pics:
mock-up of body fitment
newestpics040.jpg

undercarriage
newestpics034.jpg

engine compartment
newestpics037.jpg

interior
newestpics033.jpg

...I hope to practice a little more with my weathering skills soon....GREAT job on yours

Thanks! it's mostly drybrushing, and the deep rust is cinnamon. I didn't want to go wild with it because I was originally going to make it nice. I tried a new type of paint and days after I painted it I was starting to wetsand and a big chunk of paint came off the roof. I guess the prep work sucked just in that one spot. So I decided to make an Arizona desert/barn found car.

You should make a barn to go with it. I got a great printable texture for wood and galvanized roofing with rust to make one too.

Here's 2 I just finished up :wink:
Dodge Ram Dually
BEFORE:
014.jpg

0012.jpg

030.jpg

1955 Chevy Bel-Air
BEFORE:
008.jpg

AFTER:
009.jpg

010.jpg

oddified said:

They've got a nice selection of RTR kits, but they all look like they use the 5mm standard LED. I'm trying to find the style of light like in the links of the earlier post. They dont have to be from a hobby supplier either.....maybe an electronics supplier or similar since I think the ones I like are called INDICATOR LEDs.

Here's 2 more I did that are worthy of posting :wink:
1958 Corvette
130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

1966 Nova casting (Thanks Jeff!)
133.jpg

134.jpg

Here's my latest. Another Peterbilt 352 but I went a little further into the details on it.

It's another kit-bash of the Peterbilt cab with a New Ray toy. I like the stretched frame of the New Ray trucks. I de-chromed almost everything, filled and smoothed the deck and made a rear bumper that blends in to the rear fenders.
Peterbilt35220Feb2012005-vi.jpg

The front bumper was de-chromed and holes for LED lights were drilled and an air intake opening was made. A small screen will be placed on the back side of the air opening.
Peterbilt35220Feb2012003-vi.jpg

All cab lights & horns shaved and filled.

Custom made rear bumper that's molded into the fenders. The 4 round holes will hold the LED taillights. The two larger holes on the back of the cab will also have LEDs.

Chips_Mahoy said:
I've got the brown one saved in my album of cabover trucks. They're my favorite.
A lot easier to maneuver too. except this brown one, that is a long wheelbase.

Just had a score at the flea market 4 Vintage VW bugs.
PB060144.jpg

These will go nice with the microbus pickup and lowrider bug.
PB060146.jpg

Latest posts

Back