ANY ARTIST HERE ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make a living doing art.
I do a little of everything, but don't really excel at any one particular medium. Mainly utilitarian art.
When i'm hard up for cash, I'll locate cheap/quality guitars/bass guitars for sale, tune em up, carve em up and flip em for a profit.
IMG_6948-1.jpg

I do however carve mantels, banisters, table legs, custom kitchen cuboards and things of that nature.
I restore old pinball machines (inside and out-graphic's.electronic's etc etc) and a lot of other vintage items, build damascus knives and swords, chainmale and the list goes on.
My girl says i'm the man with 1001 hobbies and no real career. :)
Work with a handful of photographers doings props and costumes. they keep me quite busy.
My main bread and butter is foam and murals. i do 3-d murals (for kids rooms-full reno sometimes including custom theme furniture)
and sets for photographers.
IMG_1080.jpg

0558.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

This one i did as a prize for my friends halloween buck and doe (party to raise funds for a wedding)
I was told eddie from iron maiden had to be in there. :) (from a distance, the white is a big skull)

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1683-1.jpg

The castle in this pic is foam (walls also)
IMG_2834.jpg

i suggest you purchase 2 large pieces of faom, recess for the bike and glue the 2 together sandwiching the bike inbetween.
from there you can use just about anything to shape it. i shaped the entire castle/walls with an angle grinder/wire wheel.
you can use a toaster element to cut it, or simply sand it with sandpaper.

I'm a scrap metal sculptor. You can see my work online at:
salvagedbeautystudio.wordpress.com (blog)
salvagedbeautystudio.etsy.com (small sculptures)
salvagedbeautystudio.flicker.com (all works)

Ive drawn all my life and have never kept any pictures.
As I have gotten older my art has changed, the past 10 years my art has been fueled by industrial design. I love figuring out what makes a widget attractive and un-attractive.
Ive designed theatrical stage sets, additions to houses and a few office spaces. Im falling in love with Pin striping, maybe that will be my new creative season.

These are some pix ive already posted on the net- I was lazy and just copied the post code... :mrgreen:

/\ /\ thanks Ride

I should have mentioned this in the first post. There are some amazing artist on this forum, im not just saying that!

still my favorite graphics to this day....
charliesgang.jpg

and some more really old stuff(art project for h.s. :roll: )....
kisskclb.jpg

only things ive got pics of for now....once i get some batteries i will post more

i draw with oil pastels sometimes, and i just finished a little oil painting, but i am not an artist - i consider myself someone who enjoys playing with art materials.

oh, and i do make papier mache objects from time to time: witness Senor HardHead, my avatar. if nothing else, i make a new papier mache skull like him for a local Dia de los Muertos festival every year for the last few years.

the talent level of the people on this forum is absolutely AMAZING!

this is a "wow" for all the posts in this thread!

I do engraving and gold inlay on guns. All done by hand with hammer and chisel...no machines of any kind. I learned how to engrave in Italy where I went to an art and engraving school in '84-'85. I'm retired now and don't do it much anymore. My latest project is a badge to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the start of WW1 in 1914. Gary
M49.jpg

M12.jpg

bulino2.jpg

...well I used to paint professionally a long long long time ago...then I stopped after getting ripped-off by my management, I just got fed up with the whole art industry and the politics when the price of my paintings went up...so I quit once my contract ran out. This was the last painting I've done back in 2003...I haven't painted since. (24x36 mixed medium on canvas) acrylic and oil :wink:
Picture491.jpg

vibr8shun said:
...well I used to paint professionally a long long long time ago...then I stopped after getting ripped-off by my management, I just got fed up with the whole art industry and the politics when the price of my paintings went up...so I quit once my contract ran out. This was the last painting I've done back in 2003...I haven't painted since. (24x36 mixed medium on canvas) acrylic and oil :wink:
Picture491.jpg
now that is beautifull i have a weak spot for the old movie sirens

The last bit of "art" i did was this etching done on copper plate. My wife is a very talented etcher and water color artist. She pulled some strings and got me into an advanced printmaking class.

I had a Ducati Monster at the time so that is where the inspiration came from. Somewhere I have two other "older" desmodronic valvetrain etchings. I even prepped a huge plate in anticipation of a full size cut away of a Ducati motor.

DSCN0063-2.jpg

close up.
DSCN0064-1.jpg

Per my sig, I'm an airbrush artist. I've done quite a few shirts and R/C cars amung other items. My new direction will be more toward the fine art side of things though I'll probably still keep to my trasportation stuff but pin-ups have always been a fancy of mine.

My wesite is http://www.airbostongraphics.com (but even that is almost a year out of date) and I also have a page on facebook (search airboston graphics).

Latest posts

Back