ANY ARTIST HERE ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know you are all artist with the beautiful bikes here and all but are there any of you that are professional or even draw/paint for the fun of it ?

iam currently on the staff of DAMNATION BOOKS and also work as a freelance artist. i do mainly horror related illustrations and paintings for book covers.both ebooks and traditional. i work with all mediums, traditional - from pencil,colored pencil to pen,marker and paints. i also work with digital media.

i would love to incorporate some of my art inot my bike...how im not sure yet.

here are some samples of my work, both done digital. the vampire dude was done all with a mouse ! yoda was done with my tablet.

HOARDERFINISHEDsmalljpeg-1.jpg

yodafinished.jpg

all here are artists i would personally love to get with an artist to paint a bike. i pinstripe as well as build but sometimes it is neat to see what someone else would do with a blank canvas. your best bet would be to find a member close to where you are located and go from there. neat art by the way!

I love the look of HDR, i know this is nowhere near what you do, but i did this with my iphone. Its not a bad app but it only takes 2 pics instead of 3.

2j62wx5.jpg

Nice work!
Years ago I used to draw (pencil, colored pencil, pen and ink, charcoal) and paint (oil, acrylic and watercolor). Im seriously considering getting back into it. I had potential, but "other" things distracted me :D

I've been toying around with a few artistic ideas to throw on a bike. One is to take a frame and wrap it in tape,
Around both tubes top tube and down tube, and possibly the non drive side of the chain and seat stays,
fill the void between the bars with spray in foam insulation and then carve flames or other designs
into the foam using a Dremel tool. Then smooth it out using epoxy or plastic body filler, then paint it to give the bike a
3-d look. Of coarse I am going to test this on an old junk Huffy before I start in on something valuable.

What is your take on this???

I would, and have, used the blue insulating foam you can buy at any home improvement store. You will need to glue it up (using spray on glue made for foam )pieces of it to build up the thickness you need to carve into. This stuff will carve way better than the spray on expandable foam allowing for greater detail.
You could then just bondo over it but this will crush easily. Best to fiberglass.

g-ratter said:
I would, and have, used the blue insulating foam you can buy at any home improvement store. You will need to glue it up (using spray on glue made for foam )pieces of it to build up the thickness you need to carve into. This stuff will carve way better than the spray on expandable foam allowing for greater detail.
You could then just bondo over it but this will crush easily. Best to fiberglass.

Cool Thanks for the advice, got any pics of a finished product? I would have thought the I think it's called "Great Stuff" It comes in an aerosol can, would work good. then fiberglass over that.

My son is the most accomplished artist in the family.
He recently graduated from an art school concentrating on 3D modeling.
He is looking for employment at this time.

His reel (electronic resume). He did all of this on a woefully inadequate MAC, using MAYA if I understood him correctly. Just keeping him housed for 5 years of school taxed my ability to buy the latest MAC for him.

http://oogashaka.com/DemoReel/DemoReel02.mov

Recommend him if you know of any openings in 3D.

I don't consider myself much of an artist, but I was/am heavily into Infrared Photography.

One of my jumbled IR online galleries.

http://www.pbase.com/jerrykneupper/infrared_images

Oddly enough, given my penchant for the edges of photography, I could not get into HDR, although I like certain images quite a lot.

g-ratter - your images almost make me want to retract that statement about HDR. so many are just over the top so far that I don't care for them, but IMHO yours exhibit enough restraint to make the scenes believable and attractive. Wonderful photography regardless of what I may think or say.

Really nice work twisted!

I'm not normally an artist, but one of the voices in my head tells me to draw some pretty cool stuff once in a while. I just wish I could pin stripe.

outskirtcustom the insulation foam that comes in a can is not as dense so you run into lots of air holes. Also it tends to be a little rubbery making it harder to shape and sand smooth.

g-ratter said:
outskirtcustom the insulation foam that comes in a can is not as dense so you run into lots of air holes. Also it tends to be a little rubbery making it harder to shape and sand smooth.

I know it is pretty porous but I figured you could fill it in with fiberglass or epoxy. It was just a thought.

I draw cartoonish stuff now and then. Sometimes it comes out good, sometimes it doesn't. Haven't really thought of doing anything on a bike....yet. Maybe someday.

Shaggy

Flame Jigger said:
I can't even draw stick figures.

Haha, same here, my father is (in my opinion) a great artist but none of it seemed to rub off onto me.

Unfortunately we've never been able to convince him to make a living out of it though, he's always seemed apprehensive about people's criticism/acceptance of his work which I think is a big reason for it. These are some of his sketches I scanned recently, a couple of them I pulled out of his wastebasket when he wasn't looking...

image0_alt.jpg

20090620203737_00003.jpg

20090620203737_00004.jpg

Wizard.jpg

gowjobs said:
I still draw on occasion, but not as often as I probably should:
ratwood01.jpg

.I'd give anything to own one like it. NICE work! Nice engine choice too.....

Latest posts

Back