Anuthern ...painted

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anuthern ...painted...finished....

Hey thanks Skipton it turned out pretty good.
Ok got to include a riding video....way too much sun sorry but you get the idea. 8)
I was waiting for a solar eclipse but it didn't happen. :lol:

Re: Anuthern ...painted...terrible riding video

Thanks Jackdaw. When I started messing with them in 2008 I was building some junk.
Burnt holes... melted tubing ....as I kept building them I got my skill level up and
now I can build a pretty good bike. Most of it is practice. If you have the desire to
build them you will get better at what it takes to do it.

Re: Anuthern

Uncle Stretch said:
Somewhere you might have missed the part up a little ways where I said I wasn't going to
build anymore. I can see where it might have been confusing with, I'm starting an assembly line
on these. ha ha

Ok the seat says Schwinn on it. Clancy I guess you would have my big ol rear on a BROOKS.
You just want me crippled. I'm actually going to ride this. Has to be comfortable.
I didn't put the big Worksman one on it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSCF0012-2.jpg
This is a very beautiful Bicycle.
When I look at it I try and think on how I would change it to make it mine, I can't come up with anything.
A perfect Bicycle.
Great job!!
I have to say, I really am having a hard time believing that you won't make anymore Bicycles.
If that is true I hope you stay on here and mentor everyone. We can use the help. :D
:D I still like the Bars you made for this Bicycle :D
maybe RRB can start a strictly Uncle Stretch Thread. Have pictures of your builds and all the great quotes from your builds.
You have a build section, a built from scratch section, why not a built from Uncle Stretch section.
Just saying.
One or two a year won't kill ya. :D

Actually I got Steve to add the built from scratch. What I and others were doing was
a little different from hey I painted my Schwinn . I have said before I wouldn't build anymore
and then I always do one more. I guess I should never say never. The creativity in a person is
what drives them to build things in the first place. It just takes a toll on my shop to do one.
The grinding dust from those flap disks gets everywhere. Sometimes at 3 in the morning I wake
up and think man I could do that tube like this and it would look killer. There are so many people
that build bikes that are way ahead of anything I can come up with. Kenny P ...I ride custom bikes
are just a couple. I build something quick and simple....they build really extreme and detailed.
I look at their stuff and realize I'm way down on ability compared to their skill level.
This frame is a fantastic design...Not one I came up with. It would be hard to mess it up.
If I build or if I quit there are lots of others here stepping up to building their dreams in metal.
The build came out nice. Glad you like it.

You are going to keep posting those builds an making my money want to land in your pocket

Big Country thats funny. Look at it this way ...it gives you something to look at. :roll:

Have you or would you build one to sell ? If so what would it cost an yes I'm serious. with the bad welds an all I've got a paint an body shop right next door its not a problem to fix :lol:

Really my welds aren't that bad . ha ha I don't sell my builds. A friend bought two of them and those are probably the only
ones I have sold. I do this for fun and for the entertainment factor on RRB. If it were about the money I wouldn't have retired
5 years ago. Or I would call Taiwan and start selling my own line of custom bike frames. Sorry

Ok now that my welding ability has been impuned :lol: :lol: :lol: ...this is what I do. Not professional
but never had any break . I always figure a weld is like a fish...got to clean it before its ready to use.
DSCF0002-103.jpg

Ran by Chucks and talked him out of a set of really nice pedals. Man they look sweet on there.
thanks again Chuck I do appreciate it. :D
DSCF0001-112.jpg

poverty with a view said:
This is a very beautiful Bicycle.
When I look at it I try and think on how I would change it to make it mine, I can't come up with anything.
A perfect Bicycle.
Great job!!

+1!

Thanks mpls , its coming right along. If I can find some big black tires then I'm going to
see what it looks like with them on it. Maybe better maybe not. :shock:

Love teh video. Looks like a very comfortable riding postion and it manuevers well for a long bike.

Yeah Kingfish I had the bars down where it looked good in the video and then it hits my legs when you turn.
I have since put them up a little in the riding mode....much better. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSCF0010-4.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Really my welds aren't that bad . ha ha I don't sell my builds. A friend bought two of them and those are probably the only
ones I have sold. I do this for fun and for the entertainment factor on RRB. If it were about the money I wouldn't have retired
5 years ago. Or I would call Taiwan and start selling my own line of custom bike frames. Sorry
That's too bad I actually like your style of bike a lot better than the bikes you are inspired by your lines are better an more simplistic in a sense

I appreciate that. I really have never stuck any extras on my bikes. I know lights, fenders, chain guards
are tempting , but sorta detract from the bike. Well thats my opinion . Thats why all the bikes here
look different. This one has grown on me. I played with it all weekend. Rode quite a bit...it attracts attention. :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Rode quite a bit...it attracts attention. :lol:
nice looking bikes normally do.
just wait till you consistently get the guys on "real bikes"(you know...harleys :roll:) rubbernecking...thats always my favorite :lol:

Yeah would probably have to spring for a set of those expensive billet wheels from cyclesUS.
I doubt if too many of the Harley guys around here are going to look at it.

Latest posts

Back