Anuthern ...painted

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I did live long enough to get my tire. It has that stupid reflective strip. I guess I will
buy a black paint marker and try to go over it. Other than that I really like it. Still rides good.

I did pull the reflective tape off. It left a grey stripe and I tried lacquer thinner but it didn't touch it.
May try some acetone. If not I'm sure a paint pen will cover it now.

DSCF0002-106.jpg

DSCF0003-47.jpg

DSCF0001-116.jpg

DSCF0003-48.jpg

DSCF0011-3.jpg

I kinda like the gray stripe front tire. The size is perfect! I'm glad you decided your frame was worth buying some really good tires, because they absolutely are. Nice job.

Thanks Skip. I really like the way it turned out. Man I love this build. I was hoping for a drag bike look
and I think I got it. Monster in the back and smaller in the front.

I like it with the Frank on the front....further emphasizes the huge factor of the rear tire. :D

That is one beautiful bike. 8)

Thanks Sleepy. The cool thing is both tires have the same tread pattern. I was hoping the frank
on the front would look good and I'm really happy. If I stuck another floyd on the front it would
look like a bike with big tires. Not bad but not the look I want....I'm so glad it worked. :D

I got to thinking about how cheap they are and ordered two more today.
They act like they are a discontinued item and they are selling out the stock they have.
I will have to redrill them for 36 holes ,but its really easy and I can't pass them up at $30
plus $4.50 shipping If you need help on redrilling the ones you ordered the get with me
and I will show you what works. Really simple. :wink:

This was a cool way. I lined up the valve stem holes... took a hoop (spokeless rim) and taped it in four places ,
next to the big rim. Then I took a square and marked across at each spoke hole. I drilled on the flat
rib. There is one on each side. Marked on one side and then the other all the way around. Then just
hit the middle of each mark with a punch and drilled them with a cordless drill. My drill press is a bench
model and the rim hit the bottom. You don't have to get them perfect. I drilled out the valve stem hole too.
Its a presta one and needs to be bigger. You can find out a drill size with any rim for the spoke and
valve stem hole.
If you tape the inside of the rim and then squirt some liquid steel by 3M in the old holes, from the tube side,
making sure you don't put a big blob on where the tube goes it will fill all the old holes and then you can drill the
new ones when they dry. Only takes a couple hours and the stuff is really hard. Any other questions PM me

Uncle, any chance you could measure and post the width and diameter of the rear tire? I'm getting this crazy urge to mount that tire/wheel combo on the back of my Onyx 29er....I don't have anywhere near your fabrication skills so I would have to use my "store-bought" frame to achieve that monster rear tire look. :D

Dash thanks glad you like it.

Sleepy its 29'' tall and a full 4'' wide on a 3 1/4'' wide rim. The skills are acquired with practice .

Latest posts

Back