Another BOSS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Went on my weekly ride to my local bicycle junk yard , decided to take a few pictures this time . This is only half of it and outbuildings are full . He had a cool 70s recumbent with 3 ft app hangers and I picked up another BO
j yard 3.jpg
j yard 4.jpg
SS cruiser for parts. This is where I get most of parts , rims and tires

j yard 2.jpg

j yard 1.jpg

I have become friends with Alton the 83 year old owner of Kelly bikes . All the bikes are gifted to him from around the area and he refurbishes them every day to subsides is SS income . He has another guy do his recycle duties on a weekly bases . Churches , thrift stores and individuals donate about 13 bikes a week .

I'm not a recumbent fan so I was just guessing ! For future reference how do you tell ?
That bike has the same cranks, stem, hubs, shifting that would be found on an 80s road bike. The brake levers look like they came from an 80s mountain bike. Recumbents made out of multiple smaller tubes are usually before 1990 and recumbents with one large tube as the frame are usually 1990 and after.

Recumbents were originally made out of multiple smaller tubes joined together when they were made of steel in the 80s and before. When aluminum became popular in the 90s, manufactures found it would be lighter to just use one singular, large aluminum tube.

Yours has similar components to this bike.
37906336981_15deae6f3a_k.jpg

Latest posts

Back