Ankle Biter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This bike is the result of a long spring swap meet season. On the last day and last hour of the second Trexlertown show, a group of us were standing around a clean little bike that a friend had for sale. We were all pretty much exhausted from weeks of bike shows (Copake, Ann Arbor, Memory Lane, and two back to back shows at T-Town) and everyone was scheming on what could be done with the little red bike. Finally, someone piped up and said "Dude... This thing would make a killer mini klunker... I don't remember much after that but it came home with me and the project was born.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/ankle-biter.106547/

IMG_0672.jpg

Started off with this:

IMG_0008.jpg

Turned it into this:
IMG_0665.jpg
IMG_0673.jpg
IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0676.JPG

It was supposed to be an easy simple build but turned out to be anything but that. It fought me but I like the final result! :cool2:

Last edited:
Great job on turning a mini cruiser into a knarly knobby klunker!

I really dig that shot from the rear with the cabin as the background; has a real vintage feel to it. :thumbsup:

Perfection on this klunker
Those tiers are wicked !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This bike is the result of a long spring swap meet season. On the last day and last hour of the second Trexlertown show, a group of us were standing around a clean little bike that a friend had for sale. We were all pretty much exhausted from weeks of bike shows (Copake, Ann Arbor, Memory Lane, and two back to back shows at T-Town) and everyone was scheming on what could be done with the little red bike. Finally, someone piped up and said "Dude... This thing would make a killer mini klunker... I don't remember much after that but it came home with me and the project was born.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/ankle-biter.106547/

View attachment 81473

Started off with this:

View attachment 81460

Turned it into this:
View attachment 81462 View attachment 81463 View attachment 81465
View attachment 81466
It was supposed to be an easy simple build but turned out to be anything but that. It fought me but I like the final result! :cool2:
Great little bike, just the thing for turning your kid into a true rat at an early age! ! Best of luck !!!

I love this lil build! Such a classic mini klunk. Very well done
Congrats!

Really dug this build have a bunch of banana seat bikes for sale locally might have to pull one off the block
and build me one of these .

Latest posts

Back