RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool work on those trusses.
Why don't you tap some threads inside the truss to bolt them up to the stem bracket?

Nice formwork on the ends, I never considered pressing a seperate end on them. Ive shoved a steel "puck" in the end of conduit before to make a stronger bolted joint.
If the tubing is galvanized, try polishing it, you can get a reasonably shiny finish.
Looks like a really fun build, Im having fun following it. :)

They didn't come out bad! The paint I had on hand that I thought was ivory was more of a spoiled cream color and dried darker than expected. I'll have to respray with a lighter color then we can call this one done!

IMG_0336.jpg

Slick work all the way around!

And yes, you nailed that color..
Spoiled Cream. I can smell it from here. :21:

Nice mini klunk.

Love this lil build. If a pig bike is an older bike setup like a muscle bike, would that make yours a PigMX?

Hey @kingsting , the Finished Build thread is up and running! Toss this mini Klunk into the mix on there. I still like that rear tire angle for your top photo!

RaT oN~!

Hey @kingsting , the Finished Build thread is up and running! Toss this mini Klunk into the mix on there. I still like that rear tire angle for your top photo!

RaT oN~!

I want to get some pictures of it with a better background than my neighbor's houses, then I'll throw it in the finished bikes thread. I'll definitely do another from that angle- I like it too!

So my wife pointed out to me that the gold fluted seatpost and red grips didn't look quite right. She has better eyes than I do for stuff like that so I had to agree...
This thing uses a short, strange diameter post but the build doesn't really require a longer one so I put the original back on. This also eliminated all the ugly beer-can shims I had to make to get the BMX post to fit. It is is actually nickel plated, not chrome and received a quick polish. While it was in the stand, I swapped out the grips with some black ones. The red Ourys will end up on another project eventually...

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

Latest posts

Back