ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW BIKES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I posted these a while back, but the thread seems to have disapeared.

I've got all the seasons on DVD and watched them all probably 5-6 times...yes I'm a Mayberry Junkie.

Here are a few scenes that contained bikes.

tags7.jpg

tags9.jpg

tags10.jpg

tags11.jpg

tags2.jpg

tags6.jpg

tags5.jpg

tags3.jpg

:shock: :shock:

you'll like this one. the first bike looks like a schwinn corvette or perhaps a jag but the last two picts are of a roadmaster cruiser, probably a 62' to 67ish (by the chainring). now here is the WEIRD part... look at the black and white color scheme on that roadmaster. look familure?
IMG_0765.jpg

last summer when i redid my 59ish roasdmaster cruiser, i took it down to original colors and tried to redo its original color scheme, but i now realize my forks were probably black like the roadmaster from the original post, and not white.
i just find it cool how thats basically my bike in the picts, just a few years newer and with all the stuff mine probably originally came out with but have since lost.

you just made my day. :mrgreen: now i have a general basis to go off of for my roadmaster and at worst, always like picts of old cruisers.

I just want to say thank you so much for this thread. Not a day goes by that I don't watch at least one episode of the Andy Griffith Show. I am a HUGE fan. The show just brings back memories of the time I spent with my grandparents growing up. I'm always jumping out of my seat when I see a cool bike on the show. I never have figured out what my attraction for the show is, whether it is the nastalgia of it being that I love anything old, or the fact that I wish that is how life really is. The small town I live in was not much different then Mayberry when I was growing up, and my how times have changed.

My Mayberry (Momence Illinois) not sure if this is the 40's or 50's.
past_pic_04.jpg

Then a few years ago during the filming of "Road to Perdition" (All the banks were robbed here)
956138497_d1a9c8e88a.jpg

Yea Barney gets a Motorcycle is my Favorit episode also. Wish I could find it online.

Oh yeah Steve one of my best friends is from Mount Airy. Every time I mention the show she's like "Eek don't remind me"

(For those that don't know that's the town that Mayberry is actually based off of.)

howdy i love andy griffith too i love that episode where barney gets the motorcycle barney gets it at a auction i think it was a police auction or maybe it was a milatary auction i dont remember that episode with the banana bike scene where opie is at the bicycle shop. did you know that ron howards little brother clint howard appeared a few times in the show i think also andy griffiths father appeared in the back ground as a extra one time

i didn't realize opie got arnold's $75 bike - the bike was arnold's in one episode and given as a gift to opie in another. i found an old firestone similar to it but without the lights. is this a bonifide mfg's bike in the show or ???

bp

Yeah...you are right about that bike that Arnold had....funny how they thought nobody would catch that. :lol:

Boneshaker said:
Oh yeah Steve one of my best friends is from Mount Airy. Every time I mention the show she's like "Eek don't remind me"

(For those that don't know that's the town that Mayberry is actually based off of.)

I bet he does get tired of it....I'd love it though.

I did watch an extensive Emmy interview with Andy and he swears that the show was not based on Mt. Airy.

He says that the people there just claim that so that they can bring in revenue for the city.

He said that they did name some of the businesses after ones in his home town...like the Snappy Lunch, etc.

Wish I could find the Episode where Barney gets a Motorcycle. Thats hands down my Favorit episode.

howdy does anyone remember that other bicycle on the andy griffith show the one that guy malcolm merriweather he had some kind of british bike with a saddle bag on the back

Didn't Andy and Barney always talk about "going up to Mt.Airy"? Like it was the county seat and Mayberry was just a town in that county? I might be all wet...it's only been 45 yrs. since I've watched those shows. B607

B607 said:
Didn't Andy and Barney always talk about "going up to Mt.Airy"? Like it was the county seat and Mayberry was just a town in that county? I might be all wet...it's only been 45 yrs. since I've watched those shows. B607
its i do belive it is mount pilot mount airy is where in real life andy griffith grew up

Latest posts

Back