• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(Amost) Spring Cleaning Sale: Truss Rod Bracketts and Front Fork Spacers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
First up: Truss Rod brackets- these are similar in style to the brackets on my 1930 Colson- two styles: the regular(cutout) and solid ones that make a great headlight mount. Simple to make your own rods from stock available ($4/for 3 ft)rod at your hardware. Pictured are ones I made from 3/8 rods topped off with acorn nuts. The the top piece is drilled with 5/16 holes and will be flat You make the amount of bend required for your bike. The original Colson Brackets are pictured along side. The is no small locking tab on the top piece. They are laser cut, bare metal and fit the standard 1 inch forks- really snug.
Truss Brackets.jpg

Close-up:
Truss no Light.jpg

Here's an example of both styles in use on my "Ross Euro Tour Retro Arch-Frame"
Plain:
Plain Whole Bike.jpg

Headlight Mounted:
Bike Headlight.jpg

Priced at $22 shipped. I have 3-4 sets available and will make more if requested. PayPal preferred, please PM me if interested.

Spacers:
Stainless steel spacers for 1 inch forks- laser cut, shiny, and smooth! Eight of them make an inch:
Spacers.jpg

Priced at $15- shipped for eight. PayPal preferred, PM me for if interested.

Thanks!

Fred

Just curious, how do you make truss rods from stock? I assume you're using hollow tube stock?

And how much for just an upper truss bracket?

Dan

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dan
My local hardware has (solid) steel rods- various diameters in four foot lengths- zinc coated, for less than $5. I used 3/8, but might be tempted to try 5/16th. I used copper battery cable terminal ends to attach to the axle-ground the end of the rods to fit and then soldered. I used the truss rods from my Colson as a pattern for the bends- and a little trial and error! Then cut and threaded the ends. I just had another set made up by a friend who heated and flattened the ends. He then ground, drilled and polished the ends- came out super. I can send just the upper bracket for $9. PM me if you'd like one.
Fred

The ones used on the bike in your ad. I would use only the upper piece. I have a full fendered Electra Cruiser 7D. Trying to make it look like the Electra Deluxe Cruiser where the truss rods kind of arch out too far for the crown support

Latest posts

Back