AMF Schwine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well a late start but the good lord willing and the creek dont rise I should be able to make this a rider ...
every part on it is junk for the most part but I have a big parts pile of Schwinn stuff to throw at it.
here it is a late 70s Roadmaster...a bike I would not usually mess with but it was free :roll:
100_6943.jpg

100_6945.jpg

definetly not going to be one of my usual builds but the plan is a 24-26 combo with a sturmy 3sp hub and what ever else
I can dig out of the pile.....sorry no pink pig colors this time :mrgreen:

Thanks sensor and yep free is good and so far the only thing I'll have to buy is this rear tire.
so I got all the junk removed or cut off and started the sanding but its a little smokey here from the fire that's still burning about 20 miles
away and its a hot one too, either way here's the progress a little mock up, don't know if I'll actually use the old brooks I don't know if
my backside can handle it :lol:
expensive tire and tube
100_6952.jpg

that back end may end up like this
100_6951.jpg

more later hope to put on some paint tomorro

the back end all mocked up looks like it will stay like this...plenty of clearance also put some parts on and rode it for the first time,
its fairly light and fast with the continental crank ...12 speed gearing for this instead of 3 as planned. :D
the backside
100_6960.jpg

a rideable bike but the front end will be changed
100_6959.jpg

more later

Clancy, disc brakes would be cool but medical and travel expences have left me strapped for cash so the only parts I will buy is some new
cables and that rear tire....paint will be what ever I have left over from other projects and the other parts are from the pile.

I like the fat rear, skinnies in front look. Got that hot rod look goin' on. Cool!

wow what a weekend in between a dump run , the recycleing , mowing the yard and reorganizing the bike pile I found the time to get this
bike mostly together and ridable again with only a couple bugs to work out . I painted the frame thursday morning before work then came
home, wet sanded and gave it another coat of satin black then went to get a pic and the cammera was dead...oh well .
today was assembly day also made a tank plate and a better bracket for the rear fender got to use my new favorite tool a few times on
this build here it is....a mechanics butcher knife and of coarse the all time favorite a couple hammers :mrgreen:
100_6975.jpg

tank plate and some leather straps to mount it
100_6969.jpg

this is what it looked like at 10:00 this morning...starting to come together
100_6973.jpg

I used the saws all to chop 4" off some mountain bike bars added some hunt wilde grips from the pile also pulled the shifter and stem off
a schwinn Continental and a brake lever from the breeze parts bike
100_6974.jpg

after painting the tank plate I punched the holes in the straps and started digging for and fitting the front fender.
the plate and fender mounted
100_6976.jpg

100_6977.jpg

after a little tuning and tweeking it was time for a ride took my little test rider along, we had a good time and got a few pics around town
Rae with with the sun in her eyes
100_6981.jpg

the riding shot
100_6987.jpg

stopped for air....in my lungs and a drink at the old gas station
100_6991.jpg

Rae's Ray and the RoadMaster
100_6992.jpg

its been a fun build so far and the bike looks cool but could use some pins , we'll see how the week goes

looks cool!!!
...what about a Chrome headlight mounted on the front axle...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

looks great !!! reminds me of a streetfighter motorcycle with the fat/skinny tire combo and short bars. peaked fender looks good too :D

Thanks guys I just dig the black and chrome and had not built one for a while,,,I had the paint left over well I had everthing here for this build
so far the only purchase was the rear tire , tube and rim strip and I would like to keep it that way but I dont have any decent lights for this bike so it might be some ugly stuff thats laying around....later

I had to be in sac today so I thought I would stop in to say hey to karfer at the coolest bike shop in Nothern California :!:
When I go in there I always find something I just have to have and today was no different ....a couple torpedo headlights and while
Adam and I are shootin' the breeze I spotted it ...I had been wonderin' what I was going to do for a head badge and there it was
an AMF Roadmaster head badge... cheap to ...
100_7062.jpg

I'll get the parts on in the morning

sweet badge :) another thing sorta off topic, i never realized how big rae's ray is til now, that springer, apes and sissy bar turned that 20"er to a full size bike !!!

ya its the big ray 5spd frame with a 26" springer its even comfortable for me to ride :mrgreen: she just loves that bike, its the one she
rides the most....she has at least a dozen rideable bike but most of them just gather dust 'cept her redline it gathers dirt and mud :lol:

Latest posts

Back