Jude's finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this pigeon

paid too much ($100) but it’s pretty cool.

I think it’d make an epic klunker.

Or super cool banana seat cruiser?

What’s some ideas on a middleweight tank bike?

46D150A6-DF1A-42C4-A5F9-FDC5C462836C.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d put on a set of 12”high apehangers for comfort, after I broke it down, cleaned/polished regreased everything and roll it as a middleweight with fenders or loose tie fenders and upsize the tires to 2.125.
The decision, for me, would be the condition the fenders after cleaning.

My .02

BTW, with that curvy downtube this is probably one of my favorite cantilever frames.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's got a lot of good stuff on it. I'd say it's worth a hundred. 1960's. I would see how nice it looks shined up then decide how to go with it.
The first letter of the serial number will ID the year.

I’d put on a set of 12”high apehangers for comfort, after I broke it down, cleaned/polished regreased everything and roll it as a middleweight with fenders or loose tie fenders and upsize the tires to 2.125.
The decision, for me, would be the condition the fenders after cleaning.

My .02

BTW, with that curvy downtube this is probably one of my favorite cantilever frames.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great input!!! Thanks!!!!

Pretty sure it's the same frame as the OP, but I deleted the fender and guard tabs. If so,1.75" was stock, a true to size 2.125" would rub even with a perfect dish, unless you deepened the dropout or spread the seat stays.

They were made in the bought-out CWC factory. I wouldn't be surprised if some earlier models had more space.

I picked up a similar last year and just gave it a clean up and threw some apes on it... I wasn't able to put 2.10 on it...no clearance on fenders...1.75 was max

Attachments

• 20201023_181849.jpg
    20201023_181849.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 71
The more I look at it, I think it should stay as is. The chrome and paint will look good shined up and you'll have the only one like it in town. Does it have batteries in the tank?
One needed addition is the fender ornament. I would try to get a chrome thing off an old car at the junkyard, like a flying angel hood ornament.

The more I look at it, I think it should stay as is. The chrome and paint will look good shined up and you'll have the only one like it in town. Does it have batteries in the tank?
One needed addition is the fender ornament. I would try to get a chrome thing off an old car at the junkyard, like a flying angel hood ornament.
Thanks Wildcat! I hear ya. I haven't opened up the tank yet, but the lens and lamps inside look very, very clean. I'm guessing it's not too horrible in there.

I'm always torn on full restoration vs. modifying. As I love a perfectly restored bike just like anyone else, but it's been my experience that a perfect restoration does not really lead to a more valuable bike, particularly if it's not a Schwinn.

I do agree this thing will clean up super sharp and all that is needed is probably some batteries for the light, but I do love these middle weight bikes transformed into klunkers or other useful riders.

Latest posts

Back