AMERICAN PICKERS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following Mike on FB.

Looks like they just returned from Main with a big haul of stuff.

I can honestly say that I think these guys have one of the best jobs on the planet. :lol:

I was almost a fan of the show,

I e-mailed them about a pre-war sidecar over the winter, months later I get a reply "they are going to be in the area, want more info", so i respond, and get...........nothing

"your welcome" American Pickers

That show is all fiction as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, I think like most entertainment "reality" shows these days...it's just about entertainment.

I think it was Larry the Blacksmith up in the NW who posted the write up that one of the collectors had written after the show visited his farm that time. The guy said that they had agreed upon prices before they arrived and they also staged a bunch of the items that they supposedly "found" while snooping around his place.

I'm not sure that it would be possible to pull this off any other way. There has to be some level of staging in all of it in order for it to be edited and interesting. If they didn't, it would take hours upon hours of footage to actually ever come upon anything interesting to feature on the show.

The best way to look at it is that it's fun and interesting to watch and you get to learn about cool old stuff. :wink:

Jerry from chestnut hollow said it took months of mailing photos and stuff for them to even get on the show and him and his dad have an extensive bicycle collection let alone all the other stuff they collect! And they have known Mike for years! I'm sure its all caught up in the " tv show politics" just takes forever

sent from my awesome android!

Latest posts

Back