aluminati v. 2.0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good looking chain ring you found I have one my self & it needs a home also . I vote yes on the truss rods . I would like to see it with some motor cross stile bars the bike has a great klunker stile about .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you dont mind an opinion, the spiral sprocket, Im not feeling it, they have such an 80's vibe.
20170305_100648.jpg

I have a similar sprocket to your old one, they look good polished up.

Sugino snowflakes are one of my favorites, would look good with the chainguard too.
download (2).jpg

Loving the build, Im now casually looking for an aluminum frame.... it never stops.

Cool license plate by the way.

Any updates on this beauty?

Yes. Finally. An update: took the truss rods off my Shelby (they are are originally from a J.C. Higgins) and put them on this morning. I like them; they add an old-timey look. I also like the fact that my Montgomery Wards badged Silver King is wearing Sears Roebuck's J.C. Higgins truss rods.
This buildoffhas been tons of fun, and I've appreciated all your help and encouragement. Let's do it again!
IMG_0686 (2).jpg

SD, this bike has elegance, speed, and retro written all over it! It's like a nice foreign sports car from years ago.

I look forward to seeing it in person this coming winter when we ride down in Tucson! RaT oN!

Congrats on building a cool ride man!
I really like your blend of parts. I only have one suggestion. Rotate those ergo grips around. The flattish wings on those are supposed to provide support for the meat of your palm.

ergon-wrist-placement1.jpg

Latest posts

Back