Aluminati (feels like an abandoned amusement park in here!))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* ((( Get A GriP Will Ya!)))

now i have to machine the end of 1 of these to recess a brake lever......aaagghhh more work!
IMG_0447.jpg

thats a fuzzy pic...

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* ((( Get A Grip! )))

HOW MANY VOTES DO WE GET?!? THIS IS GETTING BETTER EACH TIME I SEE IT. DANG YOU GUYS HAVE ALL THE TOOLS!! THIS BUTTER KNIFE AND PLIERS AIN'T CUTTING IT! :x GTB!! PEACE

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* ((( CutTiNg It CloSe? )))

as the original surfers said.... Wider is better!!! I am cutting it close on every detail on this build.
i have an 1/8" between the tires and frame an 1/8" of chain clearance from the tire.
I hope i can finish this thing? too much to do! I don't have my seat or pedals yet. and i have to lace my wheels, finish my tank, brake mounts and springer fork???? PAAAAANIIIIC!
IMG_0451.jpg

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* ((( Get A Grip! )))

I'm right there with you,brother :!: I have SOooo much left to do as well.Stay strong :!:

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* ((( CuttinG it CloSe! )))

Real cool, good luck :wink:

LOOKING GOOD !! PACE YOURSELF GRASSHOPPER AND...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

I hear ya! You may have to pull a couple of all-nighters next weekend. I had to add extra links to the chain to move my wheel to the very back of the dropouts for tire clearance. I started a month late so it's gonna be tight getting everthing together in time. Amazing work on the build!

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* ((( Detailing! )))

Today i found out that no one manufactures the spokes i need to lace my wheels.
so i have to wait till wednesday to get them custom cut and threaded.
then my bar clamps that i ordered to make my disk brake caliper mounts wont be in till tuesday. (they say)
if the don't show i have a back up plan but it will be down to the wire.

new pedals before / after filing off casting and polishing. ((and they are the right size this time))
IMG_0454.jpg

subtle ghost striping on the fork. i just striped it off then scuffed it with 1200 grit to get a satin look
IMG_0463.jpg

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* ((( the cog is locked )))

i set two set pins into the rear hub and sprocket today.
it turned out better than i thought it would. It isn't going anywhere!!
IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* (((1 locked rear hub to go please)))

Lookin' good,Mick!I like the detail on the fork.Can't wait to see the bike built up and take it for a spin.Are you getting your spokes at Cycle Analyst?That shop is great!Richard is full of knowledge and quite the character.Keep up the great work!

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* (((1 locked rear hub to go please)))

Circa Cycles said:
Lookin' good,Mick!I like the detail on the fork.Can't wait to see the bike built up and take it for a spin.Are you getting your spokes at Cycle Analyst?That shop is great!Richard is full of knowledge and quite the character.Keep up the great work!
i am getting them made at Schwab Cycles in Lakewood. Cool shop it is made out of a carwash. and some of the bays are still a carwash. Odd but functional.

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* (((JonesY pulled through!)))

jones and son came through in a pinch to make me SilVeKinG Ambigram Head Badge.
((Anyone have any tips on painting the recessed lettering?))
IMG_0480.jpg

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* (((JonesY came trough!)))

if you take some enamel an thin it out just enough for it to spread on its own with out going over the edge of the lettering it will lay out nice an smooth . you can just drip it in a little at a time of the tip of a fine brush. i have used this method a ton of times with great success. :mrgreen: 8)

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* (((Time To add A liTtle RaTT!)))

That acorn nut should keep you from sliding off the front of the seat.

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* (((Time To add A liTtle RaTT!)))

On painting the head badge, you can paint the whole thing. Then you just buff the paint off the top of it, anything resessed back will keep its color. Might want to mount it though so it doesn't flex on ya.

Latest posts

Back