Altered Ego (class 1)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Mild-mannered Monday through Friday 9 to 5 Huffy rail but on the weekend this Huffy Rail cuts loose to it's "Alter Ego" with its stretched out Top Fueler Forks in front and slammed forward Ape hanger handlebars.

Well that's the way I envisioned this build. The other thing I wanted to do was to come up with a paint job that was unique and different but yet original to Huffy. So while looking at an original sales brochure of the 1969 Huffy bikes I noticed a bike that had a different paint scheme. I had seen the paint scheme several times while looking through the catalog but I realized I had never actually seen a factory one done. Maybe they were done and sold but I had never seen one of these in the Seafrost Green/Astro Blue fade combination, I have seen several of the Frost lemon/Nile Green, Frost Lemmon/Rally Bronze, Seafrost Green/Carnaby Red, or Seafrost Green/Midnight Magenta but never the Seafrost Green/Astro Blue like the one in the sales catalog. So this seemed like the perfect build for it.

A great thanks and appreciation to CRASH for helping me find the frame I was looking for, Jaxon for help and instructions on properly building the Top Fueler forks, and Rfeagleye for all the parts and info he supplied for the past year, thanks guys!

Here is the link to the build
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mbbo-5-class-1-huffy-altered-ego.100155/

Here are some retro looking ads I created just for the fun of it.

And here are the final photos, yeah I know I forgot to put the cable clips on but it was raining and I had to get the pictures as fast as I could. :grin:

rfeagleye
That is fantastic! Great build!

I don't know that they made the color fade you see in the catalog. I swear somewhere I have one of these catalogs and it is written on that page that the color is just blue. So you have bike 1 or 1 with how they should have been made!

Always like your attention to detail and parts. The color, seat and sissy bar pad all match perfectly!

rfeagleye, Today at 8:58 AMReport
#5UnlikeReply

Thanks, I appreciate all your help

Muttley
giphy.gif

Nice, Thanks!

KJV
This bike, truely has : Altered ego;
Built, & marked,, Class 1,,,
Then, entered in: Class 2 .:39::13:
Nice work, as allways.:41:

KJV, Today at 11:52 AMReport
#8UnlikeReply

Thanks I appreciate it.
Yeah got in a rush to get it posted and I put it in the wrong category of Class 2. I messaged Luke to see if he could flip it to the correct Class 1 but haven't heard from him yet.

Aweosme ! really nice :113:

Best picture imo
20161130_155837.jpg

(edit) so was this fork original to this bike ? if yes why was it in class2? if not why its in the the picture for class1 ? iam all confused :confused::39:

(edit) so was this fork original to this bike ? if yes why was it in class2? if not why its in the the picture for class1 ? iam all confused :confused::39:

These forks were period accessories for muscle bikes so it's a class1. Not sure why it was in class 2 this afternoon.....brain fart? :21: Think somebody may have gotten in a rush. Nice job making it to the finish tho...:thumbsup:..another awesome machine Old Scool

Aweosme ! really nice :113:

Best picture imo
20161130_155837.jpg

Yeah I was rushing and trying to get everything done and uploaded, after I did I realized I put it in the wrong class (2) so I deleted it and reposted it in Class1. The forks and Matthews sissy bar are era correct, a week before the MBBO5 started I ran it past Luke to make sure which class I should list it in and he said the correct class would be Class 1.

Latest posts

Back