All the bikes are now pushed aside..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because dad gave me our hotrod! When he bought it when i was about 6 or 7, he'd told me it was my graduation present. I never forgot that. We cruised in it for a couple years, and he just parked it in the garage, and sort of forgot about it. This happened in about 2000. Years pass and she still sits in the garage. I buy the parts in june to get it going again, to try and get dad to want to get it going again, He doesn't say much or act on it.. So yesterday, mid afternoon, i look at my buddy and say.. "Man, lets go get that car going.." So we push it out, change the plugs, the oil, check all the other fluids in it, put a new battery in it and put some gas in it with seafoam.. After about 4 hours of wrenching, we get it fired up.. Dad comes home from work, he says to me, "Son, when you gonna wash your car? its so dusty from sitting.." I say, "My car huh?" he says, "Thats what i told ya when i bought it didn't i? You finish highschool and graduate, you get the hotrod." and he tossed me the keys. I am proud to say I am now the owner of a 1936 chevrolet sedan. :]

Dadandme.jpg

Me and the old man next to the car when he bought it..

36pullout.jpg

Yesterday after pushing her out of the garage. :] She moves now under her own power again. WOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wow!

congrats

Rat Rod said:
Whoa....way to go Ricky...don't wreck it!
i wont wreck it steve, come on now.. :] It's only got a mild 350 chevy in it, th-350 trans, 3:23 gear in the back i believe. Not to bad on gas, But i have been thinking about selling the panther.

maddogrider said:
Cool man, your dad must be an alright guy. Ya gonna put a bike rack on it? :mrgreen:
Great guy, i've got a great old man, im lucky. And i dont need a bikerack, i can fit a 26 inch schwinn in the backseat.. :mrgreen: I loooove the back seat, cant wait to break it in. ....

Oh i am ecstatic! I just snuck it out! :mrgreen: I had to drive it, it doesn't have no plates or insurance so i have to be careful. She rides like an old boat. I love it!

Latest posts

Back