Alien Death Sled

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I know what direction I'm going with this, but you never know for sure.
ADS.jpg

Little bit of rust (and weeds)
ADSFront.jpg

The chain just snapped when I went to roll it into the garage
ADSchain.jpg

Disassembly complete...
ADSnaked.jpg

the remnants.
ADSleftovers.jpg

Nice pruning job. did you use a string trimmer or hand shears? :lol: looks good. Might as well sand blast everything.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Its unbelivable how much faster new chrome rusts than old chrome

Is it the type of chrome theyre using? Or just how cheap they did it?

i think that's because with advances(?!) in plating technology, prior surface plating with copper is no long done, well with exception from those top of the range kustom-plating outfits.....and so is indeed cheaper.....

ccr , it takes those budlites to tear down , but it takes "those" fat tires to ride the finished bike!

So, bear with me on the pics. I got a new puppy and more often than not I get going on a build and don't remember things like taking photos.
Drilled for new (old) headbadge. The one that was on the bike had adhesive on the back and I wanted this bike to look like an older one.
ADSbadgefit.jpg

Trial fit the fenders and chainguard.
ADSmock1.jpg

Used plumbers putty to smooth out the welds (again, to make it look older than it is).
ADSputty1.jpg

ADSputty2.jpg

ADSputty3.jpg

Primed the rusty frame. I think the whole bike might have looked pretty cool with this inhiborust.
ADSpaintdrying.jpg

And, oops what happened? Here's everything painted and dry fit to make sure it all works. See, new puppy and excitement led to no pics.
ADSdryfit.jpg

The bike. Took a ride and it started to rain. I'll get better pics tomorrow.
ADS1.jpg

My little mascot on the front fender hanger. Wanted something a little diff with the horn. I used a eyeball valvecap and a multi sound siren inside.
ADS2.jpg

Got a cool little alien head bottle opener from a good friend. I also made one of the bulbs green (with a sharpie)...
ADS3.jpg

Back shot, bike license from my old 'hood...
ADS4.jpg

Back shot down low.
ADS5.jpg

...and if anybody cares, the new puppy Zoey. Chocolate Pit.
Zoey.jpg

Bike looks great!(as usual, expected nothing less) The rear fender is "killer" (the whole bike is killer for that matter). Nice job!.........Never painted over plummers puty. Any problems?..............Nice "pup", my last dog passed in June. I've been fighting the urge to get another. ....You guys aren't making it easy! :roll:

great color combo let me know if you ever want to sell it my bike and car club's colors are black and green

Latest posts

Back