Airman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1950 Spiegel Airman, Monark built Rocket style bike. When I found it about 10 years ago, it was only frame, fork & fenders. I loved it for the Single Spring Monark Fork. I tore it down then and had the frame & fork powder coated but didn't like the way the color turned out so it went to the back burner and hung on the wall of my shop until this build started, and I decided to pull it down and build it finally after all these years. The tank was a lucky score I found on Ebay a couple years ago. It is the only thing that is original paint. Everything else on this Franken bike was done to replicate how this bike should have originally looked. It was fun, and I am glad to add it to the other 19 Monark/Airman/Firestone Rocket frame bikes I own.
20200617_143644.jpg
20200617_133254.jpg
20200226_204811 (2).jpg
20200201_175350.jpg

Great work on this refresh!

1950 Spiegel Airman, Monark built Rocket style bike. When I found it about 10 years ago, it was only frame, fork & fenders. I loved it for the Single Spring Monark Fork. I tore it down then and had the frame & fork powder coated but didn't like the way the color turned out so it went to the back burner and hung on the wall of my shop until this build started, and I decided to pull it down and build it finally after all these years. The tank was a lucky score I found on Ebay a couple years ago. It is the only thing that is original paint. Everything else on this Franken bike was done to replicate how this bike should have originally looked. It was fun, and I am glad to add it to the other 19 Monark/Airman/Firestone Rocket frame bikes I own. View attachment 136477View attachment 136481View attachment 136482View attachment 136486
What years the Ranchero?

Looks like an El Camino.
Maybe but looks like that back window wraps all the way around, and hood looks to say Ford. And if I’m not mistaken the El Camino logo was small and to the right of the hood. Definitely got our brains tickin

Back in the 70's, I hung out at a junkyard that had all the old 40's and 50's cars. My friend ran the front desk for years. All hard to find parts. The hundreds of vehicles were like a front row seat at a classic car show, only they were all rusty and had parts missing. It was great! There were some old bikes too, but nothing as nice as a Monark frame. There was a 60's Coast King Riviera and a 50's ladies X53 that I brought back to life but that was about it.

Back in the 70's, I hung out at a junkyard that had all the old 40's and 50's cars. My friend ran the front desk for years. All hard to find parts. The hundreds of vehicles were like a front row seat at a classic car show, only they were all rusty and had parts missing. It was great! There were some old bikes too, but nothing as nice as a Monark frame. There was a 60's Coast King Riviera and a 50's ladies X53 that I brought back to life but that was about it.
I stand corrected

Crispy clean restore man! What a beautiful classic!
BRAVO!
CONGRATS!

Latest posts

Back