BO15 After Victory

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up this rack of a vintage 26" import cargo bike because it had that military vibe . It might distract from the rest of theme and I'm kind of on the fence if I will us it ? Looking for opinions ?

rack 1.jpg
rack 2.jpg

I picked up this rack of a vintage 26" import cargo bike because it had that military vibe . It might distract from the rest of theme and I'm kind of on the fence if I will us it ? Looking for opinions ?

View attachment 120161View attachment 120162
Try getting the bike about where you want it, then see how it looks with the rack on it. You might have an easier time deciding then.

The more paint I'm able to strip the more rust ( patine ) I'm finding . Looks like my $ 60 bought 30 LBS of dead rat . Maybe I could enter the OJ contest this year ?

Let's see, that's $60 divided by 30 lbs, I guess dead rat is selling at $2.00 lb these days. :21:

That rear rack is really cool, but looks overpowering to the bike at this stage. I could definitely see that rack on a military fat bike build! Like a half-track on two wheels!

That is a big rack, but it is kinda hard to gauge how it might work with your build without seeing the full view instead of a zoomed in view. I could see it working if you had some cool military surplus mounted or hanging on it.

It is big and adds at least 30 lbs . I felt the same way it's too big . Who needs a stinking rack anyway ?
I have been looking for my favorite striping tool with no avail , guess I will buy another for next time .
1589471731674.png

That saddle is sexy! Are you going to add some more springs to the bottom?

I'm not sure what your overall plan with the bike is. Maybe I missed what you said. Are you restoring to post-WWII originality? What's your plan with the paint? My thought: Uncover what stenciling you can and document what they are and how they look. A surplus store may be able to cutout some cardboard stencils for you. I'd find a close match the flat OD paint and the yellow stencils. Then I'd just sand blast and start over.

Latest posts

Back