Abraham Linkage woes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GameBent said:
Felt would not have introduced it at $89.99 if they didn't make a profit in doing so.
I wouldn't mind a $10 price increase so much, but $30 is exactly 33% or 1/3. That seems outrageous when there have been no improvements or upgrades to the item.

I think what it is is this.....They introduce it at $89.99, it's profitable and they sell A LOT of them, Hence the out of stock sign up every week. They decide "Well if there are this many people who will pay $89 for it there's got to be people that will pay more. Price goes up sales slow and they make just as much money and sell fewer. Also have less trouble keeping them in stock.
More profit less work. The same theory that killed the American economy.

More likely, they had a minimum order they had to put in to have them made, and only needed them for a limited run of bikes. They took the extras, and put them up on the website for 10-15% over their cost... and weren't prepared for the response. Now, if they are going to offer the fork through their dealers, there has to be some room for the dealers to make their profit - you can't sell something for less on your e-store than your dealers can sell it for, or you'll soon have no dealers. So, you end up with a 33% increase in MSRP, which is probably about the standard 5-10% profit over cost on the part for the manufacturer, plus the standard 30-40% dealer mark-up.

More about Felt from a Google search

"About Felt Bicycles
Felt Bicycles is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of its own proprietary premium quality bicycles, framesets, components and accessories. The company’s U.S. office is in Irvine, California, and its European office is in Edewecht, Germany. Felt Bicycles is an internationally recognized brand with bicycles and products sold in more than 30 countries worldwide"

Dorian said:
More about Felt from a Google search

"About Felt Bicycles
Felt Bicycles is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of its own proprietary premium quality bicycles, framesets, components and accessories. The company’s U.S. office is in Irvine, California, and its European office is in Edewecht, Germany. Felt Bicycles is an internationally recognized brand with bicycles and products sold in more than 30 countries worldwide"

So you know what it is you've got to do... brush up on your German.

GameBent said:
olschbp said:
the solution is simple, you dont have to buy it, it is your money so dont buy it and keep your money, quit crying about it, there is other people that will pay for quality

B..B..But..sob...I..sniff...sniff...sob...can't aff..fff..ord..it...now.
Waaaaaahhhhhh!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you guys will forgive me for reviving this old thread but, the new & improved Abe is back on sale, at least in Germany that is -Felt America still says; "Out of stock".

From Classic-Cycle.de;

812000130_3.jpg

http://classic-cycle.de/Gabeln-und-Zube ... e5e5b1c07e

New version includes drum-brake/roller-brake bracket and integrated cable guide. Unfortunately also comes with a new price tag; € 180,- Yes folks, that's $ 230,- !! :shock:

See i dont like that cable guide tab and junk, yes helpful if you need it but now its not as sleek so you have to grind junk off of it and repaint it. Understandable additions tho .. Also while were on the subject of this fork , you guys should see one chrome plated !!! Awesomeness. A club member got one chromed for around 200 I believe. It's on a Felt Chief that he's decking. I might have a teaser picture some where for you guys till its done hmmm lol =P

Edited to add - I was just looking over the photo , man don't Thos dropouts look flimsy ?! Can't believe I never noticed that with how many times I've seen them but usually the're bolted on so yeah ...

Sorry for double posting =X I ran across the photos i promised! One slick looking springer in chrome isnt it !

IMAG0471_zpsa53227c3.jpg

IMAG0472_zps14339493.jpg

jwm said:
My friends, I fear what you are seeing is not an increase in the worth of the fork, but a decrease in the worth of the dollar. Even at $120. it's still a great piece of equipment. I love mine.

JWM

Dead on sadly ....

Latest posts

Back