A True Military bike!?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went down to Cycle Works a few days ago and Eric gave me a bunch of frames that he didn't want. This was in the bunch ....

DSCF1606.jpg

DSCF1607.jpg

"O.K., so how is this a military bike," you may ask.
Well ladies and gents, it has this little sticker thingy ....

DSCF1608.jpg

DSCF1609.jpg

So I think that this shall be "commissioned" into the FreakBike Militia arsenal! 8)

haha, cool....

not to rain on your parade, but that could have simply been a bike owned by a soldier. All vehicles (at least motorized) that go on bases used to have 3 part stickers like that back in the day. On that looked like that one (if I recall), on that had the base name, and one that had the expiration date. Sort of like license plates.

I also remember getting smaller stickers when we registered our bikes with the MPs. They had serial numbers, and were very handy in finding stolen bikes. They were HARD to get off.

Yep, when I was a kid my dad worked for a civilian contractor on a missile base. We had stickers similar to that one on the cars he drove work. I assume he'd have needed one on his bike too if he wanted to do the 50 mile ride to work.

Thanks guys, I kinda figured it was something like that. I couldn't find any gun turrets or mounts for missile lauchers anywhere on the frame. I thought it was maybe a recruiting station "lunch getter". But what you guys say makes alot of sense. Either way, I'm gonna keep the sticker and eventually re-commission it military rat style. The FreakBike Nation needs it for our world dominance! :mrgreen:
Thanks for the info,
Chainsaw

Latest posts

Back