BO15 A Step-Through Time---Changing projects for build-off

Jun 19, 2016
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since this build is going SO SLOW, and I have no real end-product in mind, I have decided to change my entry bike for category #2. I will continue to progress with the Elgin, but it will take a lot longer than this build-off permits. Going to build it for my wife since this is the only bike she has shown any interest. Since my category #1 build bike (Homemade Shine) is very shiny, I am going to build another shiny bike to carry on the same theme in category #2. I have not completely decided on all of the particulars, but I have a basic idea of what I want the finished product to look like. Here is my new starting point: A late '36-early '37 Monark Silver King with a Monark-style springer fork. Still working on a name for this bike.
DSCN1385.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2009
Zambales, Philippines
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It's always nice to have a back up frame and forks just in case. Even if it's just a run of the mill plain jane frame, it may wind up looking awesome after you finsh cutting it up and chopping or stretching it. :21:

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Might need sunglasses as it looks very shiny already.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I guess if you need a backup plan, that frame will have to do in a pinch.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I just didn't want to re-paint those original paint parts. And I couldn't find original, correct color stuff in time. I am not happy about having to switch. I might just drop out of this category. Still haven't decided.
GO FOR IT!!!

Reactions: Reallybigtim
Jun 19, 2016
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The cream seems light on the silver. Would it be heresy to suggest a blue tire?
Those would look good, but I don't have any blue tires. I have red tires, but they are only 2.125 size. And look how small those 2.5 monsters look on this large bike! And they barely fit! Here's another clue: Now this bike matches my other build-off bike (Homemade Shine). Both all shades of gray. Method to my madness??? Photo Op???
DSCN1392.JPG
DSCN1259.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The black and chrome looks much better on the Silver King, but I feel like the chain guard needs to match the straighter lines of the frame. That chain guard you've got on it now looks nice, but I don't think it's the right one for your bike. Do you have anything that sort of matches the shape of the tank area? That might help the design flow a little better.

Reactions: Verrt
Jun 19, 2016
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to finish these things up or I will snooze and miss the finish date. Easy for me to do.
The black and chrome looks much better on the Silver King, but I feel like the chain guard needs to match the straighter lines of the frame. That chain guard you've got on it now looks nice, but I don't think it's the right one for your bike. Do you have anything that sort of matches the shape of the tank area? That might help the design flow a little better.
I completely agree. I have a whole pile of chainguards from which to choose. But I also think that I can make this one look right on this bike. Stay tuned!

Reactions: Bike from the Dead
Sep 26, 2012
Chicago, IL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles