A Real Teaser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well, this is all I'll post at the moment...

The build is actually an old build I'm finally finishing. It's track inspired, and ongoing since August, having been taken up and put off several times since then. I think I'm finally laying it to rest within the next few days... for now, here are the new shoes. NOS Michelin 700x28C all white tires 8).

w6qkoy.jpg

... the ending result? Not a bit unlike this.

11c6ofc.jpg

Thanks guys! And yeah, I'm turning into a bit of a hipster fast :shock: Self admittedly.

The other day I spent about three hours looking at cool custom fixed gear's on google image. :oops: I guess there isn't much help left for me now... but on the bright side, I know what bikes I want to build when I start building again. :D

Everything looks good to this point, looks like I'll have my wheels within the next few weeks, and this bad boy will be up and rolling, finally. :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Unchained said:
And yeah, I'm turning into a bit of a hipster fast :shock: Self admittedly. .
It's okay to have "other" bikes.

Unchained said:
The other day I spent about three hours looking at cool custom fixed gear's on google image. :oops: I guess there isn't much help left for me now... but on the bright side, I know what bikes I want to build when I start building again. :D

Hopefully you already know about http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/ If not, you can't blame me for more time wasted :wink: :lol:

hey i know all the balk about fixies, and i thought bad about them, till i decided to build one to see what it was like, and i fell in love. i want another. :mrgreen: if you build them simple and slightly low-key, relative to all the other fixies out there, they look awesome. my rules are no brakes, no toe clips, no obnoxious colors. :wink:

All styles of bikes are cool in my book and i intend to someday, assemble a fixie for myself. Can't wait to see it.

Making some headway!

Got my tires, and now the wheelset is finally in the works...

Candy apple red fixed gear freewheel flip flop 700c aluminum v wheelset... 8) Got a sweet deal on these.

29mvec7.jpg

The next acquisition should be a pair of the Soma 456 bars...

A little tip on these wheels. Take your finger and run it along the inside of the rim before you mount the rim strip and tire. Mine required a bit of light sanding to knock down some pointy bits along the joint and a few of the spoke holes. Other than that they've been just fine.

SSG said:
A little tip on these wheels. Take your finger and run it along the inside of the rim before you mount the rim strip and tire. Mine required a bit of light sanding to knock down some pointy bits along the joint and a few of the spoke holes. Other than that they've been just fine.

Awesome tip, I really appreciate the advice. :D I'll be sure to knock down any points.

I love those tires... i have a set on my bike too. a local shop is selling them - im seriously thinking about going to buy a few more sets just in case i cant find them anymore.

i always love old style road bike builds, especially if they have a few modern touches here and there.

Well, my wheelset is here, and nasty, to say the least (in a good way of course :mrgreen: )... now only waiting on my bars and my seatpost of choice, and to fit the headset into the headtube when I start working at the bike shop in the next few weeks...

A few glimpses for now... pardon the bad lighting and picture quality, my camera is on its deathbed.

2zgtgns.jpg

33w4i75.jpg

Might a moderator please move this thread to the "Bikes Built From Scratch" section? (The frame was handmade, by me, last August).

This bike just keeps getting better. I have a soft spot for 'ridable' bikes.

ej599 said:
This bike just keeps getting better. I have a soft spot for 'ridable' bikes.

Thanks. I listed my Elgin for sale, so hopefully I will FINALLY finish this one off the way it deserves, relatively soon. :D

Latest posts

Back