A RAT OF ANOTHER BREED (Now with Jerald Tire 4-10-11)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Built on Saturday for a ride on Sunday...

001.jpg

CanalCruise023.jpg

CanalCruise024.jpg

CanalCruise001.jpg

Think I will end up putting a cheater slick on back of this one.....

Re: A RAT OF ANOTHER BREED

Very nice! Love the look of those narrow wheels and tires on that frame. What size wheels and tires are those ?

Really really cool looking bike! Cool choice of bars, i've got something similar... I love the gold forks, really stands out...
Simple too... Great bike...
Whatsa cheater slick???

24 inch wheels and tires off a 70's western flyer... 26" girls frame modded to boys... cruiser bars cut and sectioned to make lil drag bars... cheater slick... 26" flat top tire...

Do you know what year the blue and white bike is hanging up in the first pic just picked up same bike? Thanks and nice build on the western flyer i'm digging it

MrNemo said:
Do you know what year the blue and white bike is hanging up in the first pic just picked up same bike? Thanks and nice build on the western flyer i'm digging it

1939 Sterling

Critter1 said:
Those bars are perfect! Were they just arch bars to begin with?

Yes... Just wack 8 inches from wither side and... shabang... a set of stylish drag bars... I would have taken pictures as I went but it was a one day build... had to keep the creative juices flowin.. if i stopped to take pics I might have said forget it....

Very cool - love the lines. 8)
Can we get a shot of it from the side, but on the ground?

Hammond Eggz said:

No problem.... want it before I put the old white wall cheater slick on it or after or both....

garagegoon said:
Hammond Eggz said:

No problem.... want it before I put the old white wall cheater slick on it or after or both....

Both! This bike is way cool.

Flame Jigger said:
garagegoon said:
Hammond Eggz said:

Both! This bike is way cool.

Ok... keep an eye out... give me a day or two... this white wall slick is abot 30+ years old anbd needs some love... way rotted but I think I can bring it back to life..... I have never seen another like it before.... i have two so if someone has interest after seeing this one its fair game....

Fireproof said:
Wow! Nice job fixin' up the ol' girl. Looks great!

Girl is right.... All girls bike parts were used on this one....

Critter1 said:
If for some reason you decide to tear her(him) down and off some parts..... I'd buy the bars/grips/stem :D jussayin :D

garagegoon said:

If.. a big IF.... I tear it down you have dibs on it....

Latest posts

Back