a new club is on the rise

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way back when I said I would form a club here in Maple Ridge!
Since then I have talked with many people and the LBS to gain info and support. Some are now member on this board......Sorry Kenny but the talk of the locals was to form something from here.

Many ideas were givin along with designs and here is what I will go with

The Ridge Riders , cycle club

There was the name "Custom Cruiser" as one idea however many people that I talked to felt you had to be a builder of some kind to be apart. Kev came up with the "Ridge riders" the name says were we are from and that we just ride! I feel its better suited

I would like to thank Big Daddy for his design of a cool chopper but again many people I talked to and showed the design to felt you needed a chopper to be apart :(

So again back to the drawing board and here is what I came up with

ridgeriders.jpg

many people said the same thing.....go with a regular crusier bike! love to hear some input....it was pointed out to me already to lower the seat and bars, I also would like to do more work on the script

All you local people who would like to jump on board speak up!!!!!

all new members to the club will be encuraged to join up here aswell

I agree the type still needs work. I would suggest a san-serif font with a bit of retro style. Script is too frilly. If you like, I can dig through my font collection to see what may work.

*just my 2 cents worth o' opinion

-Mp

MP said

I agree the type still needs work. I would suggest a san-serif font with a bit of retro style. Script is too frilly. If you like, I can dig through my font collection to see what may work.

please......thanks! I had a look I do not have that font

Rick tried to say ???????

lol Screw ruff rydas u guys got RIDGE RYDAS! LOL Sweet

take a back seat man!

Will do firewalker - my long weekend starts today and I'll be spending it most of it in my home studio. A fun bit of of typography is always welcome.

-Mp

The top font looks right, but the bottom one reminds me of like...."my first diary" or some my-little pony crap at target. No offense meant, its just a bit....curly?

edit:Oh but the logo itself is rad...peace.

The logo will come along......I think it is just cool you guys are starting a club of your own.

Congrats on forming a club. I've been working to put together a small group of people in the north Houston area......but with very little bike shops in the area it's tough to locate people.

Just my two cents, but doesn't Ridge riders sound like a cross country mountain bike club? How aboot "Urban Menace bike gang", Urban Menace will be the name of my bike shop if I ever win the 6/49. :mrgreen:

2 kudos for you firewalker it looks great ! but i will add the font looks a little bi centennial my thoughts are : cruiser bike a little more mean lookin' also with armand, a little agressiveness in the wording wouldnt hurt look up some of the older rob zombie poster art there faunts are the isht, the ridge is great for you guys but... if a guy aint from there do you have chapter patches available? my thoughts are free its my smile thats worth a million bucks!! peace guys call me, bab pps ... i like how the bikes comin off the shirt but the crescent isnt workin for me how bout the old POW edged star like in the old bat man cartoons?

ridgeriderskv3.png

I... may have gotten a bit carried away :oops:

*note* Firewalker's original sketch of the bike looks bit-mappy 'coz I just used a screen grab of it as a placeholder.

-Mp

armandgil wrote
How aboot "Urban Menace bike gang"
I know you ment well but picture this

""whats that officer?"
"OH...... why are there 100+ riding the streets of Maple Ridge?!"
" Well we of the "Urban MENACE bike gang!" "yes officer "Menace.....gang"
"Well we thought we all would go for a ride and tear up some pavement!"
"wow......silver cuff links....not sure that would go with this theme of this bike?!"

:lol: :lol:

Multipass !!!!!!

That is some outstand work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :D :mrgreen: that looks great! thanks so much for taking time out of your day and doing that for us!! I will be sure to print one off and show it around

OK, I know I'm beating a dead horse but my wife is away and I'm bored silly so indulge me. I do like the ridge riders name and that last design was awesome. But I was thinking about what broke ... said about patching and trying to do something similar to Freak Bike Militia but not making people think they would be excluded. I was also thinking about keeping it a little more "G" rated and lose the gang reference and to maybe seeing some kids out on rides to pass on some customizing skills and just for fun. It is just bike riding, right? So I broke out some paper and came up with this....

crewsers2.jpg

I like the stick figures.

I did! I sold my Haro!
Then I went to get my blacktop bomber(in storage) and I'm going to put the dayton's that I got from Kev on, and maybe some fenders. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back