Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You know about 3/4 of the way through, I got sick of looking at this bike already.
Then, when you finish....you get that hollow leg feeling...like when the kids grew up and left the nest.
Hopefully, this build may inspire someone to get goin. I fixed a lot of bikes, but never modded before, never welded.

Thanks for all of the comments and likes and suggestions. I was saying to Odd Job yesterday...a special shout out goes to Luke the Joker, cuz I saw images of his super cool bikes on a random Google search one day.and it really triggered the chop & build bug....which lead me to this RRB site,
[Xtra big shout out to Steve A. for providing this fine platform to everyone.]

Best to all
Franco

LT_8815NB.png

LT_8823NB.png

LT_8827.png

LT_8824NB.png

LT_8834.png

LT_8819.png

LT_8820.png

LT_8837.png

LT_8850AGED-radialBrighten.png

Here's a still from a short vid I'm working on of this bike to show that it is , indeed, quite ride-able...;)
bikeshot1.png

Build Thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-long-tale-final-update.98911/ : LONG BIKE : LONGTAIL

bicycle_318-104671.jpg

8/5/2016

Went to the store today....caught in a little rain...but groceries arrived home nice and dry in the bags. :happy:
I'm starting to like this bike.

LT_8830.png

Last edited:
Franco, you got some great new pics for your finished thread! Going to be tough to choose one for the vote. My personal faves are from top to bottom, #3 and then #4 and 5. Great build...and hopefully only just the beginning:41:

Sweetness !!!

Superb build! I had never really thought about a long bike before...now a long bike build is on my bucket list!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff! Congrats on finishing, that is one cool ride!
:thumbsup:
I was saying to Odd Job yesterday...a special shout out goes to Luke the Joker, cuz I saw images of his super cool bikes on a random Google search one day.and it really triggered the chop & build bug....which lead me to this RRB site,
[Xtra big shout out to Steve A. for providing this fine platform to everyone.]
:) Very cool! Glad you found and joined us crazy guys and girls!

Luke.

Great stuff! Congrats on finishing, that is one cool ride!
:thumbsup:

:) Very cool! Glad you found and joined us crazy guys and girls!

Luke.
There's good ol' Luke. How you doing?
Must be either killing you, or a nice break to sit this one out.
But, I saw that you're building a shelter to build in

It's often hard to remember its sometimes cold over there when it's 40.5 °C heat factor here most days
See ya next time.
F.
:happy:

Pretty ingenious bike. Great job building something of your own. If that's your first shot, I'm certain you'll have some builds to watch in the future.

furyus

This is one of the classiest cargo bike that I have seen.
Well done! Nice balance of form, function, style, and execution.
BRAVO!!

I have never seen a bike like this before. It's very cool. Great job!

There's good ol' Luke. How you doing?
Must be either killing you, or a nice break to sit this one out.
But, I saw that you're building a shelter to build in
In some ways it is cool to just sit and watch, but I am wanting to build too!
MBBO#05 is coming though!

Luke.

In some ways it is cool to just sit and watch, but I am wanting to build too!
MBBO#05 is coming though!
Luke.

Is that the Muscle bike build off Luke?
Is that a yearly occurrence....it's seems so...

ya know I missed that whole era, since I'm twice as old as you, not in my 30s anymore.... Not into muscle bikes :doh: ...never owned one, and really, most look the same, I.E.. if I see yet another Sting Ray....I mean, how many can you look at before the ?meh'' factor kicks in. yawn

NOW...Not including your fine white muscle bike you built a little while back , of course...I mean, it' matched your sneakers.

I gotta read those rules again...I recall someone , perhaps Falstaff, I'm not certain intimating that if one builds a cargo bike, that could be considered a muscle bike? Surely , this can't be so.

Yeh we need a Luke build soon...startin' to get heenky.
That's West Virginia speak for 'anxious" lol
f.

ya know I missed that whole era, since I'm twice as old as you, not in my 30s anymore.... Not into muscle bikes :doh: ...never owned one, and really, most look the same, I.E.. if I see yet another Sting Ray....I mean, how many can you look at before the ?meh'' factor kicks in. yawn

NOW...Not including your fine white muscle bike you built a little while back , of course...I mean, it' matched your sneakers.

I gotta read those rules again...I recall someone , perhaps Falstaff, I'm not certain intimating that if one builds a cargo bike, that could be considered a muscle bike? Surely , this can't be so.

f.
In the past the rules have been, one tire larger than the other in diameter width or both, banana seat, and ape hangers.
If a build meets two of those three criteria, then it can be in the muscle bike build off.

There's a bit of a change this year, but criteria is basically the same. A cargo bike is definitely not a muscle bike in my opinion, but if it fits the description Luke made in the rules then you can do it.
It would be in class two, and would be interesting to see what you come up with.

f.
In the past the rules have been, one tire larger than the other in diameter width or both, banana seat, and ape hangers.
If a build meets two of those three criteria, then it can be in the muscle bike build off.

There's a bit of a change this year, but criteria is basically the same. A cargo bike is definitely not a muscle bike in my opinion, but if it fits the description Luke made in the rules then you can do it.
It would be in class two, and would be interesting to see what you come up with.
Everything can be found here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...-be-the-rules-sept-1st-to-dec-1st-2016.98720/

Theoretically a cargo bike fitted with ape hangers and a banana seat would comply, but not sure how well it would do in voting...

Luke.

Back