A few oldies and others...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I need another hobby or project but I'm somewhat fascinated by this site and have lurked a while. Rat Rod Bikes is an interesting take on fun with bicycles and building. I've built bike choppers and have tried trials and still have a chopper to finish, but the rat idea looks like fun. In fact I've stooped low enough to purchase a few oldies off ebay to play with. These all at least appear to be in pretty good shape and complete so it may be hard to rat one out or make too many changes. Time will tell.

Here's some pics. You all likely know more about them than I do. I haven't picked the up yet so these are the stock photos. The seller calls them a Pre-WWII Schwinn, a "English Bike" with a two speed hub, a Ross Ladies with a three speed hub, and a classic 1972 10 speed.

(Edit: Fixed the Pics)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

that bikeseat rules... seen one down the road but the old cat that owns it won't come off it cause he still bombs it around with his grand kids

those are great man. I would try to mildly restore the schwinn, and that last orange bike would make a cool fixey bike!

nice score

I was just given a Schwinn that looks just like yours, same color, skip tooth, seat, even a baby seat (although diffrent from yours). The bike is badged BF Goodrich made by Schwinn. It was my friend Carols mothers from her childhood. I checked the serial # on Old Roads charts http://oldroads.com/sh_sn.asp and came up with 1953. Hope this helps, I'll post mine soon...Kelly

Thanks for the comments and info. I'll have to check the serial on the Schwinn when I pick it up Sunday then and see what it is. We plan on having a little family road trip Sunday on the back highways of Okie land to get there.

In the mean time I picked up (rescued?) this apparent July 1961 Schwinn from the local bike shop salvage yard. I should have taken some pics... lots of bikes including a few old ones all piled up in an overgrown area behind the bike shop area. Kind of neat actually.

The LBS owner says it has a three speed hub.. no shifter or shifter chain however. No brakes either :). I only had to put a little air in the tires and my son hopped on it and gave it a ride around the yard. I'm debating ratting it out instead of one of the others.

-Stephen
July1961Schwinn.jpg

Latest posts

Back