a completed rescue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i rescued this bike from a garage. it was a trail bike with some different part on it that ya see here. i flipped the stem, added monkey bars/rack/air pump. i rebuilt absolutely everything on this bike. i replaced the thumb turn index shifter with a grip/twist shift for the rear. i installed a fat back tire and skinny fron tire. the frame geometry is almost identical to a 20" but the fork/wheels are 24" which is how it was built. it's got v-brakes front and back and it rides like a dream. I keep saying im gonna sell it or trade it for a motor kit but i keep changing my mind! rick at peddlers installed the rear derailleur cable for me and he trued the wheels too. 3 peice crank, silkey smooth shifting, easy and powerful braking, this one is probably gonna stay in my quiver !
fast eddie

FlameRescue1.jpg

FlameRescue2.jpg

hey Eddie, I have a hotrock with 24's. it's purple. nice rider. I got it for my wife to ride rails to trails. that is a nice bike.

Outlaw 8)

good to hear from ya outlaw! i keep this bike where i work in downtown kc and (weather permitting -im a fair weather rider only!) i drive to the shop then grab the bike and peddle to events or just to fart around. i rode in the occupy kansas city protest last weekend so now my bike is a political activist! after putting some miles on it i realize i need a taller seat post and new seat, that seat is like sitting on a brick.
fast eddie

yep. have to get a better seat for my wife. those bikes are just too kool. I keep lookin for a 20" BMX for my wife so I can take the Hot Rock and make it into a Sand Digger with big wheels.lol. take care my friend.

Outlaw 8)

Latest posts

Back