'95-'96 Schwinn Repro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this bike for $60.- have a new tube, and a seat in to it so far. I was interested in it because I remembered it, but could not remember why. Than it dawned on me. It has the tank that gets smashed by the fork. Anyone else remember this. It looks like one could remove the fork. Turn the tube 180 and reinstall the fork to solve the issue. Anyway, I am not convinced that I want to put the time into this one. It will need new tires. Rear wheel is badly out of true.

Badge has the plastic on it still. and there are some nice Arnold Schwinn and "AS" touches.

Nice score for that price.

Pedals are worth the price of the bike. Get some of those fuzzy stick on dots like they use for furniture legs. That will save your tank from dents. Gary

Pedals are worth the price of the bike. Get some of those fuzzy stick on dots like they use for furniture legs. That will save your tank from dents. Gary

The dents have bottomed out. Cant get any more dented from the fork. Almost even on both sides, lol.

Is this the Anniversary Edition? Decal on seat tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the Binford Bike it was made for the Home Improvement TV show back in the 90's. One of those bikes is in the show. Kind of a cool rare but not sought after 90's repop. Matt

I purchased this bike for $60.- have a new tube, and a seat in to it so far. I was interested in it because I remembered it, but could not remember why. Than it dawned on me. It has the tank that gets smashed by the fork. Anyone else remember this. It looks like one could remove the fork. Turn the tube 180 and reinstall the fork to solve the issue. Anyway, I am not convinced that I want to put the time into this one. It will need new tires. Rear wheel is badly out of true.

Badge has the plastic on it still. and there are some nice Arnold Schwinn and "AS" touches.

I put cut off handlebar grips on the fork to stop it from getting nicked. This won't solve the denting issue. This will reduce some of the sharp turning but it is not a problem. You could put stops on the fork so it hit the frame or head tube to solve the issue. I would weld them on and repaint the fork white, but you could rig up a bolt on version to. You would lose some of the turning radius but this should not be a problem. I would fix and keep this one.

I like my Taiwan made Schwinn.
2016%20RRB%20Cal%20Bagley%20036_zpsji8eyw3u.jpg

Very nice solid rider!

A question for everyone: this represents a 20 year old Chinese made bike. Was the quality of the Chinese built bikes better 20 years ago? Or better now? Depends on the brand then and now? Giant over Pacific? Perhaps we take walmart out of the equation. They force manufacturers to cut corners in order to sell cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Judging from the 2 well thrashed Giant built Taiwan Schwinns and the 2 Giant Revive bikes the wife and I bought new - Giants are very well built and durable.:)
On the other hand, based on the given away, $5 swap meet and thrift store Pacific built Chinee bikes - they are pretty sad and just for parts.:confused:

Latest posts

Back