90's Gary Fisher Marlin Rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is a 90's GF Marlin I rebuilt for a buddy. He had it shipped in a container from Hawaii, and the rear wheel came in the shape of a taco. He told me he left it out side since he got it in 91. The Rockshox Jett forks were pretty ugly tires where dry rotted,cables where rusted and not working, and the paint had so much oxidation and lime deposites GROSS! So I dug up a new rim and some spokes cut, and built the rear wheel. All new cables, new derailures, period stx's, upgraded to some v-brakes.Arg cleaned and buffed out the paint. With Good old Lucky 7 brand rubbing compound and buffing wax took a good 4-6 hours. Took apart the forks to overhaul. Sanded and painted the lowers BLACK ofcourse LOL, and to finish it up threw a set of the Iron Capped Kenda Grey blue walls. Got them as a tip from a wheelchair client of mine. Thoght they went well with the paint.Oh and threw some fenders on it. Bike is now just for getin around the city. Now my buddy keeps it inside, but hardly ever rides it.
DSCF0328.jpg

DSCF0329.jpg

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0325.jpg

DSCF0327.jpg

DSCF0327.jpg

Latest posts

Back